• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The summit that Obama had today

Do you think he was sincere about coming together with republicans, or do you think he was trying to put them in a bad light before trying to cram the health bill on America?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think he was sincere about coming together with republicans, or do you think he was trying to put them in a bad light before trying to cram the health bill on America?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

who knows? But if he is a democrat, he will always go toward the democrat's way no matter how much he try to work with republicans.

It was a joke. Reminded me of when I worked for a large corp that moving from state to state and installing all new systems. We met and met for months but we finally had to quit meeting in order to actually do some work!

This type of "summit" is of no value, all knew it, it was a show put on for the voter.

I actually saw some commentator on Fox say how "nice it was that the two parties could finally be bi-partisan and sit down together." We've gone down the wrong path when it is a "bi-partisan" victory to just sit down and meet with nothing being done!

but then... that's just my opinion..

• Members

I didn't do the poll because I couldn't figure out what I would be saying no to. No, I do not think he was sincere about working with Republicans, and yes, I think he is trying to put them in a bad light before cramming the health bill down our throats.

Agreed, the way this is word there is no way to know which question the author wants an answer to.

• Administrators

No to the first part, yes to the second. It was a show put on for the benefit of appearing to be keeping his promise of transparency. He was transparent alright - being longwinded and using the fact that he's POTUS to justify it; being very snide to John McCain. I don't care for most of McCain's doings, but he was right on with his comments, and BO was downright rude to him.

While Paul Ryan was making his very salient points, BO was simply "listening" for the camera's sake.

This was window dressing, and Reid and others have already (before the summit, even) been declaring that they are going to push this through, regardless.

As Paul Ryan said - they simply aren't listening to We the People, whom they are supposed to be representing and SERVING...not lording over.

• Members

I didn't do the poll because I couldn't figure out what I would be saying no to. No, I do not think he was sincere about working with Republicans, and yes, I think he is trying to put them in a bad light before cramming the health bill down our throats.

Simple question.

Do you think he {OBama} was sincere about coming together with republicans {yesterday at the summit}, or do you think he was trying to put them, republicans, in a bad light before cramming the health bill on America?

That is after this will they, the democrats, try to jam this health care plan through using reconciliation as they have already spoken of.

Which would be a yes or a no answer.

In time we will know.

• Members

This is two questions:

Do you think he {OBama} was sincere about coming together with republicans {yesterday at the summit}? NO

Do you think he was trying to put them, republicans, in a bad light before cramming the health bill on America? YES

Depending on how one thinks, they could be mutually exclusive or not and really must be presented in two questions or reworded.

• Administrators

Jerry8 = it really is hard to just say yes or no to your question. It is a definite that he was trying to cast the GOP in a bad light before cramming it down our throats, but it is also a definite that he wasn't sincere. So, it would be no to the first part and yes to the second. See?

• Members

I couldn't answer "Yes or no" to the poll either because it was asking two questions :)

• Members

If you think he was sincere, was not trying to put the republicans in a bad light and not going to cram the health bill down our throat, the answer would be yes, he was sincere.

If you think he was not sincere, was trying to put the republican in a bad light, and was going to cram the health bill down our throat, then answer would be no, he was not sincere. I voted no.

I firmly believe it was all show, he was not sincere, he was trying his best to cast the republicans in a bad light before cramming this health bill down the throat of America. I think he feels he succeed in making most Americans think that the Republicans look like a bunch of fools on American TV.

• Administrators

If you think he was sincere, was not trying to put the republicans in a bad light and not going to cram the health bill down our throat, the answer would be yes, he was sincere.

If you think he was not sincere, was trying to put the republican in a bad light, and was going to cram the health bill down our throat, then answer would be no, he was not sincere. I voted no.

I firmly believe it was all show, he was not sincere, he was trying his best to cast the republicans in a bad light before cramming this health bill down the throat of America. I think he feels he succeed in making most Americans think that the Republicans look like a bunch of fools on American TV.

I agree that it was all show, and that he was trying to cast the GOP in a bad light. Thing is, he came off, to me, as being pompous - but then, he always has struck me that way. I do believe that many Americans rue the day they voted for him!