• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live4Him

The Crown College

I don't know that much about them. I orginally thought they were like a PCC or BOB Jones, but they after going over their handbook a little, they seem a lot better than that. Plus, they are accredited, which is really important if you are going into anything other than ministry. If you are looking for a college, check out Spring Arbor University. http://www.arbor.edu/
That is where I graduated from and I loved it.

That place looks nice! I'm looking for a place that's a little cheaper, though, and is mostly a Bible college. At least for my first year. lol

Live4Him - Fairhaven Baptist is a Bible college - we offer several degree programs, including two master's, but we do have a one year Bible certificate. Check it out:

http://www.fairhavenbaptistcollege.org/

Live4Him - Fairhaven Baptist is a Bible college - we offer several degree programs, including two master's, but we do have a one year Bible certificate. Check it out:

This place sounds great as well! It's cheaper than Crown, I believe, and the one year Bible certificate is what I'm looking at right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Do they have a distance learning program and do they take credit transfers from other KJV schools like themselves?

Do they have a distance learning program and do they take credit transfers from other KJV schools like themselves?

As of yet, there is no distance learning offered. I've not heard that the administration is planning any. As to credit transfers, if the class is equivalent, they do transfer.

Hey, what do you all think of the Crown College in Tennessee?

Would you recommend going there?

I guess it all depends on what your OBjectives might be. Are you planning on serving the Lord in full-time ministry? Are you looking for a Christian/non-worldly environment? Are you looking for a school that is a ministry of a local church? Lots of colleges exist. The key is finding God's will for you. In seeking a college, you might define what you want to have as an end result. That should help you solidify a list of potential schools. It would also help me answer your original question more effectively.

My opinion of Crown might be different from another person's view. The Ian Paisley visit was an issue for me and was the final thing that took Crown out of the running for people that we advise concerning colleges. As far as being a nice campus, a nice environment and run by a currently fundamental church, Crown would be a good choice. Like another poster, I would advise that you determine how important accreditation might be to those who would hire you post college. (In some professions, it is a deal breaker. In others, not so much).

This place sounds great as well! It's cheaper than Crown, I believe, and the one year Bible certificate is what I'm looking at right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

And I can guarantee that you will learn a lot in the one year!!!

If your primarily looking for a degree I would recommend picking a secular college and taking most of your courses online. If your primarily looking to grow in the Lord I would recommend finding a mentor. :twocents:

Thanks, HC.
I am looking for someone at the moment. I know of Fairhaven, but not as much as I should.:icon_mrgreen:
Thanks also to S-D. I take a different viewpoint than you do, but it is great that God can lead each of us differently to further His work.

A friend of mine goes to Crown college there. She is a public school student (and honor roll as well) and she says it was very hard to adjust because it is a very high standard college. she was used to watch tv and wearing whatever she wanted and they don't allow that. But she is adjusting and like the college very well. But that's all I can say about the college.

Florida Baptist College in Tampa is a ministry of West Gate Baptist Church, pastored by Bruce Turner. http://floridabaptistcollege.com/.

A little off the East Coast is Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City. http://www.heartlandbaptist.edu/. IFB, KJV, very strong emphasis on church planting.

Thanks for the input. I am looking at all of them.:) I appreciate all of your comments and perspectives. It helps to hear from each of you and I thankful to you.

Crown is a great school. It was one of the two colleges that I was praying about going. My Pastor and his wife both went and graduated there. The teens in our church go to the camp there during the summer. I researched it quite a bit and its a very solid school and their standards are in the right place. They have high emphasis on the Bible.

A friend of mine goes to Crown college there. She is a public school student (and honor roll as well) and she says it was very hard to adjust because it is a very high standard college. she was used to watch tv and wearing whatever she wanted and they don't allow that. But she is adjusting and like the college very well. But that's all I can say about the college.

Thank you for thoughts!

I've also heard they have very high standards and are high class. I've been in IFB churches most of my life, so maybe I'll be able to deal with it. lol

Crown is a great school. It was one of the two colleges that I was praying about going. My Pastor and his wife both went and graduated there. The teens in our church go to the camp there during the summer. I researched it quite a bit and its a very solid school and their standards are in the right place. They have high emphasis on the Bible.

I like hearing that!