• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I have been invited by a friend of mine who is part of a homeschool group to be part of their music day on Friday. I am bringing all of my instruments (and borrowing a few I don't have) and get to demonstrate them to the kids in the group. I will be doing the normal band instruments and then my folk instruments as well. I have a hammered dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, bowed psaltry, concert zither, auto harp, pianolyn, hog-nosed psaltry, oh, a few others, too....

I haven't kept up with the band instruments that much, though, except for french horn and some trumpet, so I hope I don't embarrass myself too much. :)

• Members

I have been invited by a friend of mine who is part of a homeschool group to be part of their music day on Friday. I am bringing all of my instruments (and borrowing a few I don't have) and get to demonstrate them to the kids in the group. I will be doing the normal band instruments and then my folk instruments as well. I have a hammered dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, bowed psaltry, concert zither, auto harp, pianolyn, hog-nosed psaltry, oh, a few others, too....

I haven't kept up with the band instruments that much, though, except for french horn and some trumpet, so I hope I don't embarrass myself too much. :)

Sounds interesting... how about a video of it to post?

• Members

Wonderful! IMHO the reliance on electronic & recorded music is a serious prOBlem for the rising generation.

Since retiring, I have taken up a lot of musical activities, including piano, organ (I use a keyboard for those), recorders, Indian harmonium, harmonica, guitar.

Children need to learn how to make music, & to enjoy what they create.