• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bad church website designs

Pastor Matt

• Administrators

As a web developer one thing that really bothers me is churches that have really bad web designs. I understand that some churches do not have the resources to create a really nice looking website, some of those people really try and I do not hold that against them. I'm talking about those websites where the church does not care about the website and just through it up there without any thought into it at all.

I read somewhere that 82% of people first look online for a church when they are looking for a church to attend. The first impression that they have of your church is going to be your website.

I really think that it is a good investment for a church to spend the time and resources to provide a clean looking website.

Ok, I'm off my rant now. :th_tiphat:

• Members

I agree. Some site scare me as if they are Landover (a fake baptist site for mockery purposes, but some sites remind of it) OR Larry the Cable Guy designed it.

When I get on a church site, I want to know what are their beliefs, what time their service is, what type of accommodation they have available for people with disabilities (important to me) what type of classes do they have (deaf, women, single, etc bible classes)

Oh and I wish some churches have websites. But that's ok. What really bother me is that they do have one, but everything is under construction and no one is doing anything about it. all they have is the address and phone number and that's it.

• Members

As a web designer, I agree. Some people in my church had issues with me doing the church website, so instead I'm just working on the youth website now. There's still a lot to be done, it's still in it's first stages, but you can compare if you want. Church site: http://brytechurch1.org Youth site: http://www.bryteyouth.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm a fan of consistent simplicity. You can know nothing about web design (or know just enough about it to know you aren't good at it, like me), but still produce something half way decent by simply being consistent (particularly with fonts and colors).

Or you can find a church site that you really like, ask who did the design, contact them, and throw some money at it.

• Administrators

I'm a fan of consistent simplicity. You can know nothing about web design (or know just enough about it to know you aren't good at it, like me), but still produce something half way decent by simply being consistent (particularly with fonts and colors).

I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Even worse are slick talking companies that con churches out of thousands of dollars for ugly, barely-usable sites, when the church has talented members who could have done a wonderful site for free.

:thumb: I agree.