• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Internet Security 2010 Virus

• Members

My desktop has been invaded with this virus. I've tried various fixes, and I am continually stopped in my tracks. I use Avast (free version), but the virus got through somehow. Anyone know of a (free?) download fix to get rid of this nasty virus?

My desktop runs Windows XP, and I've already lost my wallpaper, access to MSCONFIG, etc.

I'm going to try to get rid of it with a program I downloaded on my laptop to a CD, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

It is called the "Internet security 2010" virus.

Sorry, you had the name their all the time, I missed it.

I do not know if these will work.

How To Uninstall / Remove Internet Security 2010 Virus (Removal Guide)

Remove Internet Security 2010 (Uninstall Guide)

Posted by Grinler on December 10, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

• Members

Sorry, you had the name their all the time, I missed it.

I do not know if these will work.

How To Uninstall / Remove Internet Security 2010 Virus (Removal Guide)

thanks, will look at these tonight after church.

Remove Internet Security 2010 (Uninstall Guide)

Posted by Grinler on December 10, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Internet Security 2010 is not a virus but a Trojan Horse. Regular anti-virus programs will not remove it because it is malware. Download and install Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware program. You will prOBably have to do this in safe mode (with networking). After the installation, update the program and then run "quick scan." Here is the download link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

• Members

Internet Security 2010 is not a virus but a Trojan Horse. Regular anti-virus programs will not remove it because it is malware. Download and install Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware program. You will prOBably have to do this in safe mode (with networking). After the installation, update the program and then run "quick scan." Here is the download link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I used/found Malwarebytes a couple days after my original post....got rid of the prOBlem, other than Internet Explorer seems to run sloooooow. The rest of my programs on the desktop run just fine. Did some defrags and other clean up at it seems to be back to normal, normal for a 4 year old desktop.

• Members

I got the virus last week and I tried everything I could to eliminate it. I ended up buying a malware program and it is gone.

Makes you think that these malware companies are actually sending the virus' out so that you will give them the money for the malware software.

• Members

I got the virus last week and I tried everything I could to eliminate it. I ended up buying a malware program and it is gone.

Makes you think that these malware companies are actually sending the virus' out so that you will give them the money for the malware software.

I feel there is much truth in that statement. Out there is the web world there be plenty of shysters.

• Members

I had a couple of people tell me that about Norton. I got rid of Norton a while back on my desktop and use Avast and still got the recent virus. I use Kaspersky on my laptop and have not had a prOBlem.

• Members

My son got it on his computer. We wiped the drive and re=installed the system, and made two separate account, an admin that only I have access to, and a limited user account for him to use. That keep it from happening again.

It infects your computer after tricking you into allowing it to. Anti-virus is of no use if you give the malware permnission to infect your computer. The best bet is to use a limited account for daily use. If a web site tells you your computer is infected then you know it's the bad guys, because in a limited account it can't have permission to infect.