• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Okay, I'm curious...

• Members

That is true, but many of us parents sure have failed to be the proper example for our children that we should have been. Sad to say many parents fail to see this , admit this, refuse to repent, and seek forgiveness from God because of our sins and failures and the effect they had on our children. Therefore in that day will suffer loss.

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Oh how easy it is to see another's sins, failures, but how hard it is for us to examine our self honestly and see our own.

1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, a...

At 63 I can look back and see many mistakes I made, and how these mistakes, or even sins, influenced my daughter in the worng way.

• Members

While the parents may have been stupid in their actions that would not be something the pastor, or anyone else, should say to the child. This serves only to undermine their authority over that child. In my opinion, the pastor should deal with the child without demeaning the character or authority of the parents. Then later on the pastor could approach the parents about what has happened and talk with them in private about it.

That would be my take and my :twocents: worth.

In Christ,
PreacherE

:amen:Very good answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee," Exodus 20:12.

"Honor thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee," Deuteronomy 5:16.

"Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father . . . ," Leviticus 19:3.

"Cursed be he that setteth light by his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen," Deuteronomy 27:16.

"The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to OBey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it," Proverbs 30:17. "Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in OBscure darkness," Proverbs 20:20.

When you get right down to the nitty gritty, any person who would teach or influence a child to disrespect his parents in any way, is doing the devil's work. Very wicked indeed.