• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The real reason I am KJVO

For me, being KJVO, has to do with God?s warnings in Scripture:
For example......

Ephesians 4:14
?That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;?

The fact is, that there are people out there, that are cunning and crafty, and are going about to try to deceive us.

Now logic dictates, that if these wicked people, wanted to deceive as many Christians as possible, the place that they would start, would be with our Bible.
(Like drinking poisoned milk.)
--------------------------------------------------
Some prefer these MV?s because they are easier to read; One stated, that he reads them, because he wants all the help that he can get, in understanding what God is saying in his word.

Well the question is, if God?s Word is being changed in these MV?s, what does it matter if it is ?easer to read? or if ?it shows you something you haven?t seen before?.

It?s like feeding your cat, dog food.
Sure, dog food is a lot cheaper, but if we all fed our cats dog food, they would starve to death.
(Because dog food doesn?t have the protein in it, that Cats need.)
Sure, there are a lot of people, that will assure you, that these changes are for the better; And that with every change, we are getting closer to the ?Bible?, that God wants us to have.

But what if these people are wrong? What if those cunning and crafty deceivers, have just sold them a bill of goods? What if all these MV?s are poisoned milk and dog food?

2 Timothy 3:13
?But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.?

I know, that I may sound paranoid, but from what I read in the New Testament, there is a lot to be paranoid about.

I consider it an advantage, having a Bible, that has not been changed, for so long a time.

• Members

Amen!
Psa 119:140 Thy word [is] very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

I also believe the KJB is precise in it's grammar. For example; the "thees" and "thou's".......

Here Jesus begins speaking to a group...He is using plural forms of "you"......

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Then, in the next verse, He begins to speak to the individual.....using the singular forms.

Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam [is] in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Had it simply used the word "you" and "yours" as we do today, the distinction would not be there. I'm sure there are many more examples.

• Members

I can't say that I think you have made a very strong case, but I do praise God that you have chosen the KJVO position. However, I really think it would be good for you to study out the more foundational reasons to be KJVO. You can find many links throughout the multiple threads on the KJVO topic that will show you the history of the process and source of the translation and show you accurate comparisons to the MV's. This knowledge will certainly give you a much more solid case to stand on.

God Bless,

Futurehope

• Members

PRACTICAL REASONS

Believe it or not, some of the features most criticized in the King James Bible are among the best reasons to keep it! For example, consider the "thee's" and "thou's." The King James Version was not written in the everyday language of people on the street in 1611. It was written in high English, a very precise form of our language. In modern English, the second person pronoun is expressed with one word, whether in singular or the plural. That word is "you." Most other European languages have both a singular and a plural pronoun in the second, as well as the first and third person. The first person singular pronoun in the nominative case, for example, is "I," while the plural is "we." The third person singular pronoun (also in the nominative case) is "he," while the plural is "they." Modern English, however, has only "you" for all its second person pronoun uses. High English uses "thou" for the second person singular, and "you" for the plural! In this way, the King James Version lets us know whether the scripture means a singular "you" or a plural "you." "Thou" or "thee" mean one person's being addressed, and "ye" or "you" mean several. This feature often helps us interpret a passage.

. "Thou" - designates the subject of a verb
. "Thee" - designates the object of a verb
. "Ye" - designates the subject of a verb
. "You" - designates the object of a verb
. A personal pronoun beginning with "t" is
. a singular pronoun. (thou, thee, thy, thine)
. "Est" - indicates the second person singular. (the one spoken to)
. "Eth" - indicates the third person singular. (the one spoken about)
. "Shall" - refers to the first person in the future tense
. "Will" - refers to the second or third person in the future tense

• Members

I'm glad God led me to compare doctrinal and faith statements before pulling my own together for this subject. I only had to add a couple of lines to complete this...

I believe the original texts are the divinely inspired Word of God in its entirety, written by men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, and that it is the sole authority for the Christian's faith and conduct. I believe the King James Version of the Bible is the preserved Word of God for teaching and preaching to English speaking people. This is what I will use when I post scripture. I believe other English translations contain the Word of God including the latest Catholic authorized version, The New American Bible, Saint Joseph Edition. (2 Timothy 3.16-17; 2 Peter 1.20-21)

...it fits me and I believe God is honored that I have it settled.

Besides this...I cannot submit to memory the newer EVs. It's too much like casual conversation which, most of us discard a great percentage of when someone speaks to us. We have to remember this is God speaking to us and answering questions we have so, casual and discard are not options. The KJB makes me pause and think about the meaning also; in many cases go look up meaning. It causes me to meditate on God's Word and I know that pleases Him.

• Members

The MVs translated from the Westcott and Hort text carry a very subtle and sinister master plan orchestrated by Satan himself as pointed out by the OP. Poisoned milk and dog-food:::: These are excellent analogies.

Poisoned Milk:::::: What better food for newborn babes in Christ than its mother's milk ??? However, suppose that milk had one drop of raw sewage in it. Let's say there are no solids at all but it is loaded with infectious pathogens. We see this very thing happening on a spiritual level with the MVs.

Dog-food::::::: Good food for dogs but bad for cats or humans.