• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Forgive me if this isnt the proper forum to post this . I get confused as to which I should use but really covet feedback from other believers .
I get a little ....confused ,rattled ? when someone comes to me with a Biblical or spiritual matter or question confronts me with it . Then I give them scripture and verse to a simple straight forward question and they get upset or even angry with the answer.
If I am wrong for getting confused or even rattled ,someone PLEASE rebuke me in love and show me scripture to change my heart ! I dont get rattled enough that it would show to the point of causing contention with another . So THATS not the issue.
What is troubling me is that my nephew is asking questions that I am spiritually recieving scripture and verse to give him . He tells me that I am confused with the question . then I hear 2 Tim. 2:23 whispered inside me and walk away . When I truely have a desire to help him understand from a spiritual perspective . DO I MAKE ANY SENSE ? AM I BEING A LITTLE TOO SENSETIVE ? AM I TRYING TO OVERSTEP GODS BOUNDRIES OVER THE SITUATION AT HAND ?
God bless

post_2_1264536481_37460e5aa48238fc7d5ff0

post_2_1264536481_37460e5aa48238fc7d5ff0

• Members

Your nephew could possibly be picking up on your confusion a bit - and then, not liking your answer tries to put it back on you.

WELL ,thats kind of what I was thinking . But then again thats why I start quoting scripture ,To let God speak so as to clarify my position. Didnt seem to help much. I really believe the man is struggling with his self right now . Seems to have a strong personal testimony ,but he is wondering around between denominations . He has a jail ministry . But I think he is really confused on where exactly the Lord wants him .
Thank you so much for the input , In Christ

• Members

WELL ,thats kind of what I was thinking . But then again thats why I start quoting scripture ,To let God speak so as to clarify my position. Didnt seem to help much. I really believe the man is struggling with his self right now . Seems to have a strong personal testimony ,but he is wondering around between denominations . He has a jail ministry . But I think he is really confused on where exactly the Lord wants him .

Quoting scripture is the very best way to answer him, especially since he is asking a question of a spiritual nature. Remember, God's Word will not return to him bvoid--it will have some sort of affect; we may not understand the effect because of conviction, but it will work in him, and on him, to the glory and praise of God.

Isa. 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Keep on giving him scriptural answers, and the Lord will deal with his heart.

• Members

remember Isa. 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Answering him with scripture is the very best way to go about it. The Lord will work on the heart and the attitude, while you answer the questions with scripture. My mother used to ask me questions and then get angry when I answered them. I got so frustrated...I wondered why she asked if she did not want to know the answer? Anyway, she got saved after 15 years of praying and "preaching" to her. She was a stubborn Roman Catholic. The man is most likely under conviction and that is why he gets angry; the Word is supposed to convict the "sinner and the saint" of sin; let it have the effect it will have. We don't always look at the aforementioned verse and expect a negative response, but because of the stubbornness of man, we sometimes get it. It will have some sort of effect though, and it is not our prOBlem, we are to administer the Word in doses that the Holy Spirit gives us, and let whatever affect it has happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

remember Isa. 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Answering him with scripture is the very best way to go about it. The Lord will work on the heart and the attitude, while you answer the questions with scripture. My mother used to ask me questions and then get angry when I answered them. I got so frustrated...I wondered why she asked if she did not want to know the answer? Anyway, she got saved after 15 years of praying and "preaching" to her. She was a stubborn Roman Catholic. The man is most likely under conviction and that is why he gets angry; the Word is supposed to convict the "sinner and the saint" of sin; let it have the effect it will have. We don't always look at the aforementioned verse and expect a negative response, but because of the stubbornness of man, we sometimes get it. It will have some sort of effect though, and it is not our prOBlem, we are to administer the Word in doses that the Holy Spirit gives us, and let whatever affect it has happen.

Happychristian ,Just now read your reply after having the Lord deal with me on the matter for several weeks. WOW does that scripture ever HELP ! AND you are SO right .The LORD has convicted me on this matter in the same exact way as you have said . We MUST let the Word of God do the talking ,we are only the vessels that deliver and pour out the healing ointment of Gods Word . THANK YOU
In Christ