• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Burger King: Beer with those fries?

• Members

Burger King: Beer with those fries?
Fast-food chain will open Whopper Bar in Miami Beach

At the Whopper Bar South Beach, guests can pair a Whopper sandwich with Anheuser-Busch and MillerCoors brews. With fries, the combo will run $7.99.

Gene J. Puskar / AP

updated 1:46 p.m. CT, Fri., Jan. 22, 2010
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Burger King is opening a restaurant in Miami Beach that will serve beer along with burgers and fries, the chain's first U.S. location with alcohol.

At the Whopper Bar South Beach, guests can pair a Whopper sandwich with Anheuser-Busch and MillerCoors brews. With fries, the combo will run $7.99.

The restaurant will offer outdoor dining, a walk-up window and delivery service.

It's scheduled to open mid-February. The announcement was made Friday.

Morningstar analyst R.J. Hottovy says adding beer at selected locations around the world is part of Miami-based Burger King's effort to reinvent itself as a fast-food restaurant with a sit-down feel.

Hottovy said making the new image resonate could be a challenge in some locations.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35015844/?GT1=43001

• Members

Seeing I am moving down south in four months, I can go to Braums! They have some tastey hamburgers. I will have a Chick-fil-a around too. I guess there are some advantages to moving down south! I have seen Whataburgers but have never eaten at one. We passed a lot of them when going to Louisiana.

• Members

Linda and I had never paid attention to the Whataburgers. A year or 2 back we made a trip to Houston, the wife, her aunt, and I went to a Whataburger, I was reluctant, but its was delicious.

Since them we've tried a few of them, so far they have been quite good.

To me, Burger King is not as good as it once was, and I have never cared for the place that has the Big Mac.

I like the Waffle Houses too.