• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Freemasonry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes.

Now I'll explain:icon_mrgreen:

A truly born again believer can be involved in any sin, sinful activity or organization. The Holy Ghost doesn't convict everyone of all their sins at the same time. A believer can be a part of something sinful and not have had the Spirit directly convict him yet.

Eventually, a believer should grow in the Lord enough and should submit to the Spirit enough that he will eventually be convicted of whatever sin he's involved in...whether personal sin, some sinful activity or involvement in a sinful organization.

Of course there is also the prOBlem of a person so resisting conviction that their hearts become hardened in that area and no longer recognize the conviction.

There are many professing Christians who are also Masons. Some are true believers, some are not.

• Members

Can anybody (preferably a pastor , or mature believer)answer a quetion that just popped in my mind ?
Can a TRULY born again believer be mixed up in and a member of the Freemasons ?I guess I mean to add ``without being convicted``?

Education in the Word of God is somewhat lacking if they become involved with freemasonry.

• Members

Seems funny now, but the Church we separated from had Masons in it. I brought this discrepancy up to the associate pastor and he said "there is no point in fighting an organization that is dying".

My question is once these people are found to be members of the Masons, should they be subject to Church discipline?

Why? Provide scripture please.

• Members

Yes.

Now I'll explain:icon_mrgreen:

A truly born again believer can be involved in any sin, sinful activity or organization. The Holy Ghost doesn't convict everyone of all their sins at the same time. A believer can be a part of something sinful and not have had the Spirit directly convict him yet.

Eventually, a believer should grow in the Lord enough and should submit to the Spirit enough that he will eventually be convicted of whatever sin he's involved in...whether personal sin, some sinful activity or involvement in a sinful organization.

Of course there is also the prOBlem of a person so resisting conviction that their hearts become hardened in that area and no longer recognize the conviction.

There are many professing Christians who are also Masons. Some are true believers, some are not.

Thank YOU John , I couldnt have said it better. I too believe this only because the apostle Paul warned true believers so many times about false gospels and cults. Thank you for your input , in Christs Love ,Tbinkley

• Administrators

Seems funny now, but the Church we separated from had Masons in it. I brought this discrepancy up to the associate pastor and he said "there is no point in fighting an organization that is dying".

My question is once these people are found to be members of the Masons, should they be subject to Church discipline?

Why? Provide scripture please.

I would think that the first step would need to be counsel - letting the mason know just why its wrong, from scripture, to be part of the group. If the pastor preaches correctly, there's little likelihood that a mason would remain a mason and a member of that church, of his own accord.

• Members

I would think that the first step would need to be counsel - letting the mason know just why its wrong, from scripture, to be part of the group. If the pastor preaches correctly, there's little likelihood that a mason would remain a mason and a member of that church, of his own accord.

Doubtful, why? I know several church members, even deacons, even pastors too, that are in the Masons. If you try to discuss this with them, they cannot understand why they should not be a Mason.

John R. Rice wrote a great book on this subject, Lodges; Examined by the Bible copyrighted 1943.

• Members

Doubtful, why? I know several church members, even deacons, even pastors too, that are in the Masons. If you try to discuss this with them, they cannot understand why they should not be a Mason.

John R. Rice wrote a great book on this subject, Lodges; Examined by the Bible copyrighted 1943.

Mlkmandan , 2 Cor. 6:17 . We are to seperate ourselves from secular worldliness. But seeing that someone has offered the reference of John R. Rices book ,I think I`ll let him do the explaining ,for he prOBably has ALL the scripture references right there .
Also I WOULD NOT attend a church where the Pastor was so blind to the Word of God that he would not understand WHY he shouldnt be a member of such an organization. Or the deacons for that matter. I believe it would and should be a disciplinary matter for not only the officers and teachers but the congregation also.
I know for a fact our church would lovingly bring these matters to ones attention who is the offender.AND disciipline them according to Matthew 18 if the matter wasnt resolved.Thank you folks for allowing my candor.This seems like a great place to air our thoughts as well as fellowship.

• Members

In some towns the membership of the Masons and the male membership of the local Baptist church are virtually identical.

I knew several members of such near Paducah, Kentucky back in the early 90s. These men practically viewed their Mason Lodge as an extention of their Baptist church.

• Members

Well, I contend that freemasonry is a religion. I have thought about your question many times, and I have not come up with a set conclusion. While I believe it is possible to live in ignorance, I have a hard time believing Masons who have heard the truth about freemasonry and do not flee from it are truely children of God. Masons teach their own gospel, and it definately is not the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Masonic manual of MO reads, "

• Members

(sorry I accidently hit enter and it posted my reply) anyways it reads,

"The Lamb has, in all ages been deemed an emblem of innocence. He, therefore, who wears the Lambskin as the badge of a Freemason is constantly reminded of that purity of life and conduct which is so essentially necessary to his gaining admission into the Celestial Lodge above, where the Supreme Architect of the Universe presides."

This is not only found in the MO manual but many other places in freemasonry. The quote above directly contradicts Scripture. The Bible clearly states that it is through Jesus Christ alone a man can enter heaven. It is not by works. This is found in Ephesians 2:8,9 and Titus 3:5 among other places.

A good informative video about freemasonry is found at google videos. The link is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-783233753719250111 This video is the John Ankerberg show. He has a former Worshipful Master speak about the false doctrines of freemasonry. I encourage you all to watch it.

Also, it is interesting to note, that people who become Christians in freemasonry tend to leave because they realize it is not compatable with Christianity. After I gave my presentation on freemasonry in college, my professor told me his dad was a freemason. He then said that his dad left because he became a believer in Jesus Christ.

• Members

In some towns the membership of the Masons and the male membership of the local Baptist church are virtually identical.

I knew several members of such near Paducah, Kentucky back in the early 90s. These men practically viewed their Mason Lodge as an extention of their Baptist church.

That is so true. The masons really go after the men who have business around town.

As I've stated a fellow Baptist pastor whose church broadcast their Sunday morning preaching service on the radio, that pastor is a Mason, he preaches some very good sermons. As for me I would not set under him.

When his lodge has special lodge meetings they make sure the 2 local newspapers has pictures of them in their little aprons presenting their rewards for service for the world to see. Its embarrassing to say that he is a borther in Jesus Christ. But people such as him will defend their self to the end, or that's my experience with them. And the average Baptist has no idea why there is anything wrong with the lodge.