• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Yeah, Chris Dodd stepping down in CT

• Members

This is the best news I've heard on the political front for CT this year.....

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/06/chris.dodd.retiring/index.html

what coincidence! I was just sitting here watching/listening to a Fox News story about at least 4 dems that are not going to run for re-election. The "pundits" are predicting lots more dems not running......

• Administrators

I heard about this this morning. I was so glad - wondered how you CT people would feel! I'm glad so many Dems are not running for re-election. I kinda think the reason for that is so they can save face - they know their constituents are mad at them, so they don't run again rather than get voted out...

• Members

It would be better for the Republican party in the next cycle if the incumbent Dems ran again; with all of them bailing ship the party is staging things for the new Dems running to be able to say that was my predecessor and we new ones won't repeat their mistake..... you watch.

• Members

Actually it just struck me that maybe its a last-ditch effort to keep Dems in power....if the current Dems step down, the public might just be stupid enough to vote in a fresh faced Dem rather than a Republican....

• Members

Put Dodd on SSID and then he'd see how his governing really affects people lives. That won't happen though, like you said he'll be living large off a Congressional retirement.

Oh, I forgot, he will prOBably get a super high paying jOB as a lOBbyist, being as he has so much inside information.