• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

They may answer, "Why Certainly!"

• Members

Alot of people would have to become a born again American, because alot of people seem to have forgotten what an American is and the fundemental principles this country was founded on. But that is the plan anyway isn't it. Was it OBama that said the founding fathers are outdated. Kind of like when people say the bible doctrines are for people back then and doesn't relate to now, so we need all these new versions to corrupt what God has given to help us learn how to live. If people can't read KJV than they should have flunked English in school reading Shakespeare. But most people can read that and understand it.

• Members

for a long time, people couldn't read the bible (back in the days when schooling wasn't important ). They had to depend on the church to get their bible study. But they know what they must do to be saved. But the bible was the very reason why people felt school IS important. They felt people should be reading the bible.

• Members

Nowadays, for the majority, reading and writing is for making a living and enjoying what the world has to offer, Bible, God, & Jesus, well if we have any spare time left after making a living, getting our fair share of entertainment, them we might squeeze the Bible, God, Jesus, & even a trip to church in.

Like one person said, There is nothing I can do until I pray, but after I pray there is much that needs to be done.

• Members

The history America is making at present time is turning her back from God.

For many years in America it has been quite easy to be a Christian, that is changing, how will America measure up as Christians become truly persecuted? Its going to wax worse, how many will there be that will turn their back on Him when the times really get tough?

The election of OBama to the office of president, and with him in office nearly one year, seems to me we are still sliding down the slippery slope even at a faster rate of speed than ever. He now had America over neck deep in debt, and its slowly climbing up to her nose, and he has a bit over 3 years left in this term. He keeps on speaking of spending our way out of the troubles we have as a country, it want work.

I personally do not know of one positive thing he has done for America to keep me from feeling troubled, or give me confidence in America or men who is leading her.

I feel that way about man, all men, about America no matter who is at its head, that is why I place ALL, that is ALL of my confidence in my Lord who has promised never to leave me nor forsake me.

Ps

• Members

I think we could have a long and heated debate over what the past election will result in.

This isn't about the president. Its about men putting their faith in man to turn the troubles of this nation around. These folks think the prOBlems facing our nation are the result of people not taking political action.

Wrong place for them to place faith or their hope. They would make a religion "born again" out of political activism.

• Members

I think we could have a long and heated debate over what the past election will result in.

This isn't about the president. Its about men putting their faith in man to turn the troubles of this nation around. These folks think the prOBlems facing our nation are the result of people not taking political action.

Wrong place for them to place faith or their hope. They would make a religion "born again" out of political activism.

:thumb: That was my point.