• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lesbian 'mother' case presents constitutional issue

• Members

just says she disappear. I don't know that mean she is just hiding from the press or what.

but since she had the legal rights of complete custody (due to Virginia Court), I suppose she can go anywhere with her child. PrOBably go to another country.

I would just say the baby already have a biological mother and father.

• Members

you know, My cousin is married to a woman who already have a child from another man. Now, legally, the child isn't his because he isn't his biological father. But the child's real father does not want to have any do with him.

It would be pretty bad if the court ruled the child should live with my cousin if they ever got divorced. All because he supported and help the child and his mother. Someone once told me that my cousin should have every rights get visitation and such. I told him he is ridiculous because the child would not have time for visitation from his real father and his other family members and top of it all, visitation from his mother's past husbands as well.

everyone is responsible for a child well being anyway. That is, since my cousin is living in the same household, he is responsible for his wife's child well being. That mean he can not neglect the child, hit him, or don't report to the police if the mother is abusive. So just because he support him and married to the child's mother doesn't mean he has a legal right over the child if the biological mother decide to leave him.

Anyway, my cousin ended up legally adopting the boy as his own... that mean the real father no longer have to pay child's support. He did it because he is basically raising that child as his own. He doesn't have any other children.

• Members

I know of a mother and her 2nd husband who completely locked their father out of these 2 boys life.

I spoke to them about this, they will not change their mind. I told them when these boys find out their father wanted them, wanted to visit them, wanted them to visit him, sent them birth day & Christmas presents but mother throws them away, but their mother an her 2nd husband locked their father out, they may well hate their mother and her 2nd husband. They said, "No way, with what we've done for them these boys will love us and be beholding to us for ever."