• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Religious Is Your State?

• Members

Kayla, the Iowa Supreme Court has thrust homosexual marriage upon the people.

Unfortunately, a lot of Missourians go up to Iowa to get married that way. So I was trying to remember about that...It's disturbing to me, but I know what the Bible teaches about that.

• Members

I don't think it will go away either, they been fighting for it for years. Which is why I rather the government would call it union and leave the term marriage to churches because the last thing I want is people talking about homosexual marriage around our children, getting them confused about the bible standard marriage and worldly standard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I know they be pastors whose pet peeve is constantly put down the word religious, and people who are religious, saying religion has nothing what so ever to do with our God nor His Son nor Christians.

But the fact is, if a person has pure religion, undefiled before God, that person will remain unspotted from this world.

And of course, there be those people who are very religious who has never met Jesus at the Cross.

Seems many religious people have a very hard time of not conforming to this world, that is staying unspotted from this world.

Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

• Members

I don't think the point here is the definition of "religious" as it PERTAINS TO THE POLL. In my mind, the "more religious" someone is at least tells me that they are not trusting the WORLD for the things they need. AS wrong as they may be (wrong faith, wrong trust, etc) at least a "more religious" person is WILLING to trust a higher being.

You and I my know the truth, that "religion" itself is meaningless and worthless, (It's Christ, and Christ ONLY!) but for the world, it means something. And as people are polled in this way I think an answer of "more religious" is better than "less religious" even if they don't know the TRUTH.

Remember... we are dealing with the world here...

So for me... I'd rather live in a "religious" state (where someone may actually care about their neighbour) than an "non-religious" state (where sin may abound).

But just to be perfectly clear... the TRUTH is that "being religious" has nothing to do with the TRUTH of the GOSPEL and whether one is saved.

I find that the more "religious" a person is the more difficult they are to lead to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ as they tend to be very content in trusting in their "religion" or their "religious exercises" and the fact that they are a "good" person to make it to heaven.

Just my OBservation, other people's may be different.

:amen: I agree with you holster. Most "religious" people don't see their need for Jesus. They're religious, so they're "okay".