• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Getting discouraged with KJ publishers

• Members

I am at my wits end here.
I can not tell you how many King James Bibles I have, and the reason I have so many...errors.
I keep finding errors, with typos or word replacements.
When I find one error, I push my Bible to the side, and begin my quest for another publisher. I have tried Holman, Hendricks, Scofield, Cambridge, Zondervan and Tyndale publishers, and always find some little quirk.
I am beginning to abondan the idea of authenticity, am seriously thinking of switching to an ESV and starting all over again.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

If you're looking for a publisher who doesn't make changes and seeks to be careful in typesetting ---

Calvary publishers, ministry of Parker Memorial Baptist Church, Lansing Mi
(Local Church Bible Publishers)

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.com

• Members

Can you give some examples of typos and word replacements? Also, a typo does not discredit the KJB. The KJB still is straight in its doctrine and is translated from the most trustworthy manuscripts. I think you should have a better reason for changing Bibles than a typo or a changed word if the meaning is the same.

• Administrators
When I find one error, I push my Bible to the side, and begin my quest for another publisher.

If your prOBlem is with publishers, then why are you switching to another Bible that has a publisher?

You looking for a Bible or a publisher? Your post is really not making much sense.

• Members

OH no!! Wretched Jon, Please don't do that!! Here is a safe place to order KJ Bible's!! Our publisher should be the church not a company making a profit! Amen? I ran into this delimma several year's ago and struggled until the LORD sent in a Preacher DR. Larry Reins for Revival. I knew he had studied this topic from another mean's but he didn't preach on this during Revival but was more than willing to answer question's and clear-up confussion for me and my son. Order from: Bearing Precious Seed by the web...www.localchurchbiblepublishers.com Be prepared to want. after seeing your first one' to want your church to participate in the production or atleast want to order a entire box of different size's and colour's to bless others!! May the LORD bless YOU! in Christ, His by Grace

• Members
I am at my wits end here.
I can not tell you how many King James Bibles I have, and the reason I have so many...errors.
I keep finding errors, with typos or word replacements.
When I find one error, I push my Bible to the side, and begin my quest for another publisher. I have tried Holman, Hendricks, Scofield, Cambridge, Zondervan and Tyndale publishers, and always find some little quirk.
I am beginning to abondan the idea of authenticity, am seriously thinking of switching to an ESV and starting all over again.

I used to not be able to figure all the variations in the KJV as well.
UNTIL
My search found the definitive text of the AV without any admixture of error.
It is the Pure Cambridge Edition.
Cambridge did publish other KJBs at the same time they published the Pure Cambridge Edition. Naturally those ones contained certain variations that are not presentationly pure like the PCE.
Collins also published the PCE as well as World and others. Not now, however.
To figure out which Cambridge Bible you have, [presentationly pure; or not] one needs to have every single word on this list letter perfect.

This will tell you, if you have a Pure Cambridge Edition of not.
The single best test is to look up Ezra 2:26
PCE reads Geba not Gaba
Josh 19:2 should read or
2 Chron 33:19 should read sin
JOB 33:4 should read Spirit
Jer 34:16 should read ye
Nahum 3:16 should read flieth
Matt 4:1 should read Spirit
Matt 26:39 should read further
Matt 26:73 should read bewrayeth
Mark 1:12 should read Spirit
Acts 11:28 should read spirit
1 John 5:8 should read spirit
All twelve must be 100% correct to the letter.
Not 11 or 10, for these that only reach ten or eleven are only indicators of further presentational impurities held within the text.
To have the Pure Cambridge edition all 12 must be perfect as above.
PCE came to be about 1900 AD. Cambridge no longer publishes this text.
A few have recognized this, and have started to publish the pure King James Text.
Glory to God!
PeterAV Every word of God is pure:

• Members

My Cambridge, wide margin, concordance Bible purchased about 1981 is correct according to the test.

A site I use for online searches is correct...except, they have the "spirit" as "Spirit" (S in caps) for the last 2 passages you mention.

I like the Cambridge and intended to get another like it but with large print. Are you saying all their new ones are not "presentationally pure?"

• Members

My Cambridge, wide margin, concordance Bible purchased about 1981 is correct according to the test.

A site I use for online searches is correct...except, they have the "spirit" as "Spirit" (S in caps) for the last 2 passages you mention.

I like the Cambridge and intended to get another like it but with large print. Are you saying all their new ones are not "presentationally pure?"

Amen, 1 Tim1:15
If your Cambridge lines up 100% on all 12, then it indeed is the Pure Cambrige Edition.
Your online search engine is not, however.
But that is OK, since you have a PCE available to verify.
PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:

• Members

Quite often, especially in the older Cambridge Editions, one can find out the date by looking at the last page of Revelations.
There, you will see some numbers and letters.
For example; My Cambridge Bible that I used for Bible College which is not a PCE has this at the bottom....45 N 27 which is code for 45,000 Bibles printed on printing press N in the year 1927.
My PCE Teacher's edition has 30 D 50

• Members

My bible is an oxford study bible but it reads the same as the Cambridge edition you reference in most of the places you mention.

Where it differs:

Ezra 2:26 does read Gaba( it is just the spelling of a name and I have no opinion on which spelling is correct)

you say Matt 26:39 should read further but this oxford edition reads farther not further. I fail to see an issue with that though since it is just a different spelling of the same word.

Acts 11:28 and 1 John 5:8 both have Spirit capitalized in my oxford bible instead of lower case.

So... enlighten me on why you think the readings from the Cambridge edition you present are correct.

You say that "Spirit" in these last two verses should not be capitalized. Why?

"Acts 11:28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar."

"1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

Are not both examples speaking of the Holy Spirit? If so why shouldn't they be capitalized?