• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Getting discouraged with KJ publishers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not really. You still haven't said why you think the Cambridge edition is correct. You merely state that in acts 11:28 "spirit" is correct not "Spirit" but you give no reason why you think this is so. Are you saying that "Spirit" in that verse is not speaking of the Holy Ghost in your opinion? If so why would you think that?

Another issue I find with your opinion that capitalization is of great importance is that even the Cambridge edition you are endorsing does not seem to be consistent. For example you said that sword searcher used the "pure" Cambridge edition so I went and downloaded that so I could compare it. One of the first things I checked for is consistency in capitalization of "Spirit" when an OT verse containing "Spirit" is quoted in the NT.

Right off I found this example:

"Joe

• Members

Sure, I can answer that one, because that one is an easy question.
You prOBably did not check out many King James Bibles, because they all have this same spelling variation.[1800 and on]
That means there is a GOOD reason it is there as it is.

Hmmm...

Now if one is a BELIEVING Berean, one would would have recognized that there was something of God moving those folk. The New Testament goes further and shows that that force from God was indeed the Holy Ghost.
This is in no way a publishers typo that was left in.
If you found it so quickly, how about all the other committees?

Let me get this straight, you are saying that the fact that Spirit is capitalized in the passage from acts quoting from Joel is due to advanced revelation of the NT? That doesn't make any sense since we are talking about the English capitalization of Spirit anyway. It has nothing whatsoever to do with new revelation found in the NT. It is the same passage and there is nothing to indicate that it should be capitalized in one place and not the other.

• Members

Yes, God's word does that all the time if you cared to look it up.
Far be it that God should send further/farther revelations in the NT.

But we are speaking of the ENGLISH. lol The Hebrew and Greek don't capitalize it in the NT and not in the OT, the capitalization is only an issue in the ENGLISH language so it CAN'T be an issue of advanced revelation found in the NT. lol

Also you haven't said anything about the other passage I mentioned, Acts 10:19-20 and Acts 11:11-12. The Cambridge seems inconsistent in capitalization there too. Ironically when I checked my oxford bible in those verses it is consistent and "Spirit" is capitalized in both places. I don't know that the oxford is consistent everywhere in capitalization but it is a little amusing that it so far seems more consistent than the Cambridge edition you are pushing as the "pure" KJV strictly over spelling issues.

• Members

The original Hebrew text doesn't really have capitalization...so it is kind of irrelevant to argue on the point of Capitalization in the Old Testament as the point of desertion to a King James Bible. We have Capitalization in English because that is the way our language is written, to flow more English translators of past added Capitalization. Even languages like French have completely different capitalization rules, they don't capitalize days of the week or month names...I don't think you can argue Capitalization as a point to throw out a King James Bible. I can almost see your point on this further-farther thing...but look at the context of Matt 26:39 OBviously when reads the verse it only makes sense for it to mean that he went farther/further along...

And how do you feel about Italized text Peter, is it inspired by God??

• Members

The original Hebrew text doesn't really have capitalization...so it is kind of irrelevant to argue on the point of Capitalization in the Old Testament as the point of desertion to a King James Bible. We have Capitalization in English because that is the way our language is written, to flow more English translators of past added Capitalization. Even languages like French have completely different capitalization rules, they don't capitalize days of the week or month names...I don't think you can argue Capitalization as a point to throw out a King James Bible. I can almost see your point on this further-farther thing...but look at the context of Matt 26:39 OBviously when reads the verse it only makes sense for it to mean that he went farther/further along...

Exactly.

• Members

Exactly.

Seth, I know you noticed this.

PeterAV wrote:
"Now if one is a BELIEVING Berean, one would would have recognized that there was something of God moving those folk. The New Testament goes further and shows that that force from God was indeed the Holy Ghost."

If you were a believing Berean you would have recognized ................

In other words we are not seeing it because we are not a believing Berean..........

• Members

Jerry, I sensed the concern in your post so I'm making sure I reply immediately! Unadulterated King James Bibles can be purchased from www.localchurchbiblepublishers.com and to make it easier for people the phone # (517) 882-2112 is under the web address I gave as well! I also appologize Jerry if I put Bearing Precious Seed with something it doesn't belong!! I only can tell you the above information for ordering a KJB is correct. Hope this helps! His by Grace

I'm curious: which Bearing Precious Seed publisher is the Authorized IFB publisher for the KJV? I have a NT by BPS that has these same "prOBlems" in them - not different words, but different capitalization. Is there a Baptist Pope that can give the official imprimatur stamp to a particular organization? And no, BPS is not a single organization, but a banner name that independant printers use. Which ones are approved and "safe", and which ones are not?

• Members

If you're looking for a publisher who doesn't make changes and seeks to be careful in typesetting ---

Calvary publishers, ministry of Parker Memorial Baptist Church, Lansing Mi
(Local Church Bible Publishers)

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.com

Is this the one with Church on the outside binding? If it is, I agree.