• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Religion Responsible for Abuse of Women?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So if any one of us is in error on any issue at any given time, we are not following God?

Um, if any one of us is not following scripture, we are not following God in that area. There are people who OBey in one and not another. Being in error from lack of knowledge or training is one thing, Kevin. Being willfully disOBedient is another.

• Members

100 % perfect, I have yet to have knowledge of any of the regular posters on OB who claim to be Baptist make such a claim. the will publicly state that, "They come short of the glory of God," but that is a method of attack that has been used all through the years.

With that said, God has given us an instruction Book, in that instruction Book be the words that are suppose to governor our life. As in the past, at anyone time on this earth there be actually few who abide by it, and few who actually are saved.

The majority of religious groups teaches there are many ways to be saved, yet the one true path to the Father through Jesus is never taught. And until a soul has had the impact upon his self of having truly met Jesus who gave His life for him, that life changing event that comes at the moment a person has been saved, at the foot of the cross has never really surrendered his life to Christ & the Father.

Plus you have all of those who thinks grace covers everything, use it as an excuse, therefore there is no need to follow Christ closely and study the instruction Book provided to us, them of course many call in liberty, saying I can use my Christian liberty and live in sin and walk as close to Jesus as anyone else. They heckle and mock the true believes today just as they did in the days Jesus and His 12 walked this earth mocking them at every opportunity, many times even going out of their way to heckle and mock them.

• Members

A little tip, grace does cover everything. If not, there is no hope of salvation as God the Father would see our sin and no impure thing can come into his presence.

Grace does not cover mans excuses, grace is never to be used as an excuse just as Christians liberty is not an excuse to sin.

• Members

Jerry, I never said grace was an excuse to sin. I did however say that grace does cover everything. If not, then we are without hope and yet in our sins.

I (as a blood bought, saved by faith, trusting in Jesus believer who loves my Savior and understands his sacrifice on the cross) do not enjoy sin and attempt (by prayer and crucifying the flesh) not to sin. BUT, I will never be 100% successful in this flesh and therefore I must trust in the blood of Christ to cover EVERYTHING. If not, then I am without hope and yet in sin as it pertains to the salvation of my soul.

• Members

Jerry, I never said grace was an excuse to sin. I did however say that grace does cover everything. If not, then we are without hope and yet in our sins.

I (as a blood bought, saved by faith, trusting in Jesus believer who loves my Savior and understands his sacrifice on the cross) do not enjoy sin and attempt (by prayer and crucifying the flesh) not to sin. BUT, I will never be 100% successful in this flesh and therefore I must trust in the blood of Christ to cover EVERYTHING. If not, then I am without hope and yet in sin as it pertains to the salvation of my soul.

Please show me where I said there would be anyone that would be successful. By the way, grace does not cover false teaching nor those who refuse to accept the truth.

Yes Kevin, there be many who teaches many different paths to Jesus, if you had paid attention this has been pointed out many times on this message board.

• Members

Please show me where I said there would be anyone that would be successful. By the way, grace does not cover false teaching nor those who refuse to accept the truth.

Yes Kevin, there be many who teaches many different paths to Jesus, if you had paid attention this has been pointed out many times on this message board.

So if someone is teaching something false then they can't go to Heaven?

No, most religions do not teach that there are many ways to salvation. They may teach a different way than what is in the Bible but most religions believe there is only one way.

• Members

So if someone is teaching something false then they can't go to Heaven?

No, most religions do not teach that there are many ways to salvation. They may teach a different way than what is in the Bible but most religions believe there is only one way.

no, most believe all paths lead to God. Or pray to the same God

• Administrators

I am so glad for merciful and covering power of the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. The weight, burden and guilt that some put on themselves and other believers to be 100% perfect is just too much to bear.

I'm sorry, trc - this was added after my post. Was it intended as a comment on what I said?

Um, if any one of us is not following scripture, we are not following God in that area. There are people who OBey in one and not another. Being in error from lack of knowledge or training is one thing, Kevin. Being willfully disOBedient is another.

If so, please explain just how I was burdening myself or others, and even where the 100% perfect comes in? I'd like to think you weren't referencing my comment because I don't believe I in any way hinted that people need to be 100% perfect - in any post I've ever written!

• Members

I'm sorry, trc - this was added after my post. Was it intended as a comment on what I said?

If so, please explain just how I was burdening myself or others, and even where the 100% perfect comes in? I'd like to think you weren't referencing my comment because I don't believe I in any way hinted that people need to be 100% perfect - in any post I've ever written!

My reply is only for the first portion quoted that I wrote (the second one you wrote was not written by me but someone else).

My reply was not directed to you or anything you said LuAnne. My reply was directed to anyone who thinks that even one little grain of good works some how places us in any righteous position with the Father. Our sin has separated us from a holy God and the only remedy is the blood of Christ as appropriated by grace through faith in his "finished" work. Grace through faith covers everything.

It is also clear from the Scriptures that this is not an excuse to sin, there is no doubt about that. We are to live by the Spirit (being freed from sins grip) because we are forgiven and to serve to God's glory and as a testimony to his power in our lives.

That should in no way be construed as working for salvation, but showing gratitude.

Grace by faith does cover everything! Praise God.

• Administrators

My reply is only for the first portion quoted that I wrote (the second one you wrote was not written by me but someone else).

My reply was not directed to you or anything you said LuAnne. My reply was directed to anyone who thinks that even one little grain of good works some how places us in any righteous position with the Father. Our sin has separated us from a holy God and the only remedy is the blood of Christ as appropriated by grace through faith in his "finished" work. Grace through faith covers everything.

It is also clear from the Scriptures that this is not an excuse to sin, there is no doubt about that. We are to live by the Spirit (being freed from sins grip) because we are forgiven and to serve to God's glory and as a testimony to his power in our lives.

That should in no way be construed as working for salvation, but showing gratitude.

Grace by faith does cover everything! Praise God.

Okay. The second quote was the post I wrote just before yours. That's why it confused me. Thanks!