• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Religion Responsible for Abuse of Women?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting how he makes claims as to the early practices of Christianity - without citing any proof. And he isn't even sure of the century. :smilie_loco:4

Yes, but we have proof that he is 100% wrong in the early days of the churches started by the apostles trained by Jesus and inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what God wanted us to know. Yet he refuses to accept it.

Sad, there be many like that.

• Members

This really sadden's me to hear this is being stated by Jimmy Carter. How could he get something so basic so wrong?? Only prOBlem I have seen is when "Christian" men missuse their authority. Otherwise, when men are using their authority and leadership in love as Christ as their example...Great!! Same with women showing respect to their husband's and submitting to his authority honouring and loving him. Same with how women should not be in authority over any male in the church. Actually, I believe if the Lord wants it this way in the Church then He want's it this way in everyday life. I'll have snow covered rock's thrown at me for stating this prOBably! I only ask that you read your Bible with a open heart as the Holy Spirit reveals His Truth and pray about where you stand. In Christ but He's still working in me!. His by Grace you.

• Members

This really sadden's me to hear this is being stated by Jimmy Carter. How could he get something so basic so wrong?? Only prOBlem I have seen is when "Christian" men missuse their authority. Otherwise, when men are using their authority and leadership in love as Christ as their example...Great!! Same with women showing respect to their husband's and submitting to his authority honouring and loving him. Same with how women should not be in authority over any male in the church. Actually, I believe if the Lord wants it this way in the Church then He want's it this way in everyday life. I'll have snow covered rock's thrown at me for stating this prOBably! I only ask that you read your Bible with a open heart as the Holy Spirit reveals His Truth and pray about where you stand. In Christ but He's still working in me!. His by Grace you.

No your wrong, the rocks will prOBably not have any snow on them, that might cushion the blow and surely they would not want to do that.

But your right on, our life outside of church should be the same as inside the church, but many seem to take off all the armor as they step out of the church and live by a different set of principles.

We must live what we teach, if we don't that confuses everyone, including us.

• Members

No where in the scripture does it advocate a man abusing his wife either physically or mentally.

1Cr 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

1Cr 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please [his] wife.

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

• Members

Digusting. There is zero proof of women being ordained as deacons, preachers, or anything in the early church. Zero.

Christianity, true Christianity, and true Christians have never abused women, as Trc pointed out. Just the opposite, in fact.

This really sadden's me to hear this is being stated by Jimmy Carter. How could he get something so basic so wrong?? Only prOBlem I have seen is when "Christian" men missuse their authority. Otherwise' date=' when men are using their authority and leadership in love as Christ as their example...Great!! Same with women showing respect to their husband's and submitting to his authority honouring and loving him. Same with how women should not be in authority over any male in the church. Actually, I believe if the Lord wants it this way in the Church then He want's it this way in everyday life. I'll have snow covered rock's thrown at me for stating this prOBably! I only ask that you read your Bible with a open heart as the Holy Spirit reveals His Truth and pray about where you stand. In Christ but He's still working in me!. His by Grace you. [/quote']
:amen: Well said, ma'am.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

YES, religion created the enviroment where women could be abused. It's sad but I find merit in that thought. WE men have neglected to honor God as we should and have shirked our responsibilities far too long. Now religion (present state of it) has shoved women out into the public arena where they can be abused. Men it's our fault for not taking responsibility in the past to live a sold out life for Christ. That is, to take our right position as the spiritual leader of the home. Hence our society and nation as a whole has put the woman at jeopardy. So, from this aspect I say yes. From J. Carter's POV...no.

PreacherE has some good quotes but, root cause for abuse of women is missing. Sinful men (slothful and lazy) unwilling to assume their rightful position under the Lordship of Jesus Christ is the root cause. Or, sinful men unable to subjugate themselves to Christ because they have never received Him as Lord. Either way the root cause is men and sin.

• Members

I might add, there would be women that if they wanted to be a pastor of a church, and someone stood in their way of doing this, they would call that abuse.

My self, I don't believe a woman should be in the office of president, there would be both men and women that would get bent out of shape with me believing this, some might even call it abuse.

I don't believe a woman ought to be anywhere near the battle field, there would be some women that would hate me and call me many names for believing this way.

Plus, if we stand up strongly for Christ, there will be those who will accuse us of many things, even being false teachers.

Those who do not walk with God, they hate those who stand up for God's ways.

• Administrators

I might add, there would be women that if they wanted to be a pastor of a church, and someone stood in their way of doing this, they would call that abuse. Oh, yes, is this true! Many people just can't comprehend that women shouldn't pastor.

My self, I don't believe a woman should be in the office of president, there would be both men and women that would get bent out of shape with me believing this, some might even call it abuse. Almost completely agree with you - but the part I don't agree with, I don't get bent out of shape nor call it abuse! :thumb:

I don't believe a woman ought to be anywhere near the battle field, there would be some women that would hate me and call me many names for believing this way. Totally agree here! When I expressed this to my son's recruiter, who is a Christian, he was shocked at the mere idea that I didn't agree with women in battle.

Plus, if we stand up strongly for Christ, there will be those who will accuse us of many things, even being false teachers. Or unloving...

Those who do not walk with God, they hate those who stand up for God's ways. Yep!

I have an aunt who "has a church." That is to say - she bought a skating rink and turned it into a "church" where she lined up the speakers (mostly herself) and singers...and she would go onstage with the singers and outsing them (and doesn't have a singing voice - just a loud one!). Then one day she bought a kiddie swimming pool. And had an evangelist come to preach, and when the waters moved...(no lie, it was the healing pool!!!). That whole part of the family is messed up, and it stems from the man of the home not being the right kind of leader, and his wife stepping out of her God-given role.

• Members

I don't believe anyone said that God could not use women. We all have our place in which we can serve God. We are all saved to do good works. But to serve Him we have to 1st be OBedient.

For example, when a woman starts claiming to be a pastor she has stopped being OBedient and is no longer following God.