• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This Thread Belongs In Here Now!!!

• Members

http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/thread-10097-page-1.html

From Alimantado:

So I did finally trust in God and accept the gift of God's grace. I don't know exactly when, for I have prayed so much and anguished so much over the last month. But in the end, I realised that my heart had changed and that I not only accepted the fact of my iniquity and of salvation being offered in Christ but that I trusted in Him too.

I can't type much more and I might not post on here for a long time, partly because I feel very humbled rather than joyful but also because I need to spend less time on the net. The good news so deeply subverts everything I believed in that it's about all I can do to trust in God for now. I'll just copy and paste that hymn that sums it up so well:

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

God bless everyone on here for putting up with me and for listening, sympathising, explaining, guiding and of course reproving. I hope it doesn't take away from God's glory to praise those who work for him; I praise you all now and offer my heartfelt thanks. I shan't name anyone because I'll forget some, but you know who you are.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/thread-10097-page-1.html

From Alimantado:

I do not know how to pick out a certain part of your post and "quote" on it, so I will just tell what I am responding to. You wonder if you are taking God's glory to praise those who work for him. He still gets the glory, because it is Him that strenghthens us and give us boldness to witness to him. It also edifys and uplifts the brethren, which we are supposed to do. It is nice to know the effort the brethren put forth comes to fruitation. Sometimes we never know. Sometimes we do. You will find that out. So its nice when someone says something, although I had nothing to do with you up until now. I have been off for awhile and do not come on all the time.
I am greatful to God that he never gave up on you. He knew you would eventually accept Him. That's why he didn't. Likely He tried hard because of your quandry. He knew it was important enough for you do be sure. He already has plans for you. I pray you grow in wisdon and understanding in the Lord quickly. The more brethren the better. Time is running short.