• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psalms18_28

Chitter Chatter Thread -- Anything Goes

No picture of it yet, but it looks much like this one.

Ours is white, our grille looks to have a different color. Something about white, nearly ever one we've ever had has been white. To us they seem much easier to keep clean and do not show dust near as bad.

1st foreign made vehicle we have had since back in the late 70's we bought a VW Beetle for me to drive back and forth to work.

OHHHH! That truck looks really nice Jerry#. Did anyone else get a weird PM (rather a scam) from a lady supposedly over seas and her husband died and she is donating money? I guess people actually fall for those scams.

OHHHH! That truck looks really nice Jerry#. Did anyone else get a weird PM (rather a scam) from a lady supposedly over seas and her husband died and she is donating money? I guess people actually fall for those scams.

A long time back I use to get emails from a woman overseas who said her dead husband had much money and she would like to share it with me, I always deleted it.

Yeah, I got one from a lady who wanted to donate money from her deceased husband in England. Too bad it was a scam, I had a lot of ministries I could have passed it along to.

I actually do know of a missionary family, friends of mine from college. They were on deputation to go to England and the husband died in a car crash in OctOBer. It was sad.

A few years back I got a scare, my sugar level was way up. Finally I find out the reason was all of the steroid shots I received.

Wow, they sure are a lot of help, but the side effects are very bad. So I suffer to stay away from the side effects.

Back in the late 90's I suffered quite a bit of atrophy in my muscles in the right side of my neck, and right shoulder. Have surgery in February 1999, again in February of 2000, but still prOBlem is not cured. since before the 1st surgery my neck muscles in the right side of my neck, from shoulder up the side of my head, stays very sore, steroid shots be like a miracle cure for about 60 or so days, but gave them up because the side effect are to costly.

Another surgery might help, but doctor said the next surgery would prOBably call for at least 2 more, and with that many surgeries in one area of your neck, the consequences of them would be worse than the relief I would get.

And I don't want to wind up like Kara, and a few others I know of, and my neurosurgeon doesn't want me to go down that road either. I forget, Kara has been through from about 10 to 15 surgeries, and trying to overcome the last one at present time at 18 years of age. We share some of the same troubles in our head and neck.

Since I've had not more steroid shots, my blood sugar has run great.

I am back in NE. I came back from AR with all my teeth still!! I tried black eyed peas for the first time. I am not a big fan. I do love that sweet tea though.

Black eyes peas, white beans, pinto beans, that is a food staple in this part of the country, add corn bread to it, and you've got a major meal for sure. Perhaps you have to grow up here consuming it all the days of your life in order to really appreciate it. :coolsmiley:

Come on down, there's plenty of room for one more Yankee.

An elderly lady in our church was originally from Minnesota. She told me sometime back not long after she moved down here she had just bought something in a clothing store and as she was leaving the man said, "Come Back now."

Said she turned around and walked back to where he was standing and he said, "Could I help you?" She said, "You just told me to come back so here I am."

She laughed about it, but said it was not funny to her at the time.