• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chitter Chatter Thread -- Anything Goes

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Have you noticed how desensitized people have come? Today I was watching dateline with someone and a girl had been raped three times in one night by two different guys. She was a sophmore in highschool and they were seniors. Well, the detective wanted this case to go to court, but the prosecution refused to take it to court. She was talking about how it wasn't fair that she had to live with it for the rest of her life and the guys who raped her were getting off scotch free. Well, the person I was watching it with said, "She needs to just get over it." The more I hang out with this person the more I think they have no heart. They have acted like death was nothing before. Do people not realize these people are human beings? They have souls? TV and movies have desensitized America. They even desensitized me there for a point. THen my boyfriend put it all in perspective for me. He kept reminding me that these people are humans and have souls. Anyways sorry but this was on my mind because they just said it. This was my rant for the day.

I'll steer far away from that person. That's just freaky.

• Members

Well our son was suppose to get the swine flu shot today at school and they turned him down because of egg allergy. He can't get the mist either because of his asthma. They told us (A parent have to be there whenever someone is required to get a shot instead of the flu mist) his allergist or general doctor will have to do it.

Because they don't let anyone over 65 (or is it lower??) get the vaccination, my son could catch the swine flu from any of his family members. Like his grandparents who are coming in for Christmas.

• Members

:ot:

So your a fire fighting woman!

Hey I like being of topic!:bleh: See Psalms you aren't the only one that is random and gets off topic. Actually if you look, most of the threads around here are off topic.

Anyways, I was on the fire department, but I am no longer. I liked the medical side of it a lot better.

• Members

:ot: Oh no, I've got to do it again.

The Mennonites in our area have the fired department.

Once there was a fire on a farmers place, he had a great large back yard and it had crossed the fence coming into the farmers yard, the fire trucks that were already there was trying to save the farmers large barn. In that area of the yard the grass was quite tall and very dry

The last fire truck that made it to the fire come speeding in and ran right out into the middle of the very tall burning grass. There were about 6 Mennonites on the fired tuck and they quickly jumped off fighting the fire like crazy, finally getting it put out thus saving the farmers home while the others where still trying to save his barn.

They were putting their hoses and equipment back on their truck and the farmer came up to one of them handing them a check for $5,000 and thanking them for having saved his house. Them he asked one of the Mennonites what they would do with this $5,000. He replied, "The 1st thing we will do is as soon as we get back to the fire house we will fix the brakes on this fire truck so that we can stop it."

• Members

Hey I like being of topic!:bleh: See Psalms you aren't the only one that is random and gets off topic. Actually if you look, most of the threads around here are off topic.

Anyways, I was on the fire department, but I am no longer. I liked the medical side of it a lot better.

Offtopic the whole purpose of this thread. We can go offtopic all we want :)

he will go Tuesday for a flu shot.

• Members

Once there was a fire on a farmers place, he had a great large back yard and it had crossed the fence coming into the farmers yard, the fire trucks that were already there was trying to save the farmers large barn. In that area of the yard the grass was quite tall and very dry

The last fire truck that made it to the fire come speeding in and ran right out into the middle of the very tall burning grass. There were about 6 Mennonites on the fired tuck and they quickly jumped off fighting the fire like crazy, finally getting it put out thus saving the farmers home while the others where still trying to save his barn.

They were putting their hoses and equipment back on their truck and the farmer came up to one of them handing them a check for $5,000 and thanking them for having saved his house. Them he asked one of the Mennonites what they would do with this $5,000. He replied, "The 1st thing we will do is as soon as we get back to the fire house we will fix the brakes on this fire truck so that we can stop it."

I certainly hope they will fix their brakes.

• Members

Yeah fixing the brakes would be a good thing! I never liked the brakes on engine 3. They worked but not as well as the brakes on engine 1. You had to be especially careful when going downhills. At least you can ride air breaks...hehe!!

• Members

Lolz...a little. I couldn't go outside and do that because it is waaaaaaay too cold and there is a lot of snow on the ground!

Does anyone have a cat and how much do they feed their cat?

We feed ours dry in the morning and half a can of wet at night.