• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chitter Chatter Thread -- Anything Goes

• Members

Come on down, there's plenty of room for one more Yankee.

An elderly lady in our church was originally from Minnesota. She told me sometime back not long after she moved down here she had just bought something in a clothing store and as she was leaving the man said, "Come Back now."

Said she turned around and walked back to where he was standing and he said, "Could I help you?" She said, "You just told me to come back so here I am."

She laughed about it, but said it was not funny to her at the time.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He has never read The Good Book, and what it has to say on this subject.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:27 (KJV)

Or does not believe it.

Of course immortally in the flesh is the only hope for all unbelievers, for if they were to believe what God has to say about it they know its only doom and gloom for them.

• Members

wow, just go back from a meeting for speech, and our son is in the 95th percentile as far as Comprehensive Assessment of spoken language (CASL). Must be the King James bible :)

Unfortunately his speech is the lowest percentile :( prOBably due to combined of severe allergies, teeth decayed (some of you prOBably remember me mentioning this, I should have gotten the artifical teeth for him , sorry I don't know the appropriate word for it) , my speech due to deafness. I also think it is because I gotten used to his speech when he was a toddler and when he said something correctly, I couldn't understand him So he prOBably was forced to say it the wrong way to communicate with me.

• Members

wow, just go back from a meeting for speech, and our son is in the 95th percentile as far as Comprehensive Assessment of spoken language (CASL). Must be the King James bible :)

Unfortunately his speech is the lowest percentile :( prOBably due to combined of severe allergies, teeth decayed (some of you prOBably remember me mentioning this, I should have gotten the artifical teeth for him , sorry I don't know the appropriate word for it) , my speech due to deafness. I also think it is because I gotten used to his speech when he was a toddler and when he said something correctly, I couldn't understand him So he prOBably was forced to say it the wrong way to communicate with me.

I can understand how that can have an effect on him, but I see no way to prevent it.

• Members

Speech can be improved. My sister had a real bad speech impediment while growing up. I had to interpret nearly everything she said to some people. They would ask what did she say? Now she is 21 and still has a slight impediment, but it has improved a lot. Everyone can understand her for the most part now. When she was younger, her impediment was so bad the speech therapist was teaching her sign language as well as my parents. They thought that was the only way she would be able to communicate. My mom always told her that God used Moses even though he had a speech impediment.