• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chitter Chatter Thread -- Anything Goes

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A few years back I got a scare, my sugar level was way up. Finally I find out the reason was all of the steroid shots I received.

Wow, they sure are a lot of help, but the side effects are very bad. So I suffer to stay away from the side effects.

Back in the late 90's I suffered quite a bit of atrophy in my muscles in the right side of my neck, and right shoulder. Have surgery in February 1999, again in February of 2000, but still prOBlem is not cured. since before the 1st surgery my neck muscles in the right side of my neck, from shoulder up the side of my head, stays very sore, steroid shots be like a miracle cure for about 60 or so days, but gave them up because the side effect are to costly.

Another surgery might help, but doctor said the next surgery would prOBably call for at least 2 more, and with that many surgeries in one area of your neck, the consequences of them would be worse than the relief I would get.

And I don't want to wind up like Kara, and a few others I know of, and my neurosurgeon doesn't want me to go down that road either. I forget, Kara has been through from about 10 to 15 surgeries, and trying to overcome the last one at present time at 18 years of age. We share some of the same troubles in our head and neck.

Since I've had not more steroid shots, my blood sugar has run great.

• Members

I am back in NE. I came back from AR with all my teeth still!! I tried black eyed peas for the first time. I am not a big fan. I do love that sweet tea though.

Black eyes peas, white beans, pinto beans, that is a food staple in this part of the country, add corn bread to it, and you've got a major meal for sure. Perhaps you have to grow up here consuming it all the days of your life in order to really appreciate it. :coolsmiley: