• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Evangelical Lutheran leader suggests Bible not the final authority

• Members
Evangelical Lutheran leader suggests Bible not the final authority

Well, they're not by their self, the Episcopal Church feels just like them, there be few who believe that the Bible and God be the final authority.

I feel we have many who hate authority, and that is one reason this is happening with so many churches and Christians rejecting God's authority.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh come on Jerry, don't give me that junk. You do this every time anyone responds in a way that you disagree with. You've borne false witness more times on this forum than anyone else on here and that is one of the ten commandments, you know.

I never defended anyone's sin and you know darn well that I didn't. I said that you can't judge a whole denomination by what one man said, especially when it's coming from an unreliable and sometimes disreputable source.

I also never said that they teach the truth. I've never been to a Lutheran church and I don't plan on going. I even said that I'm not all that familiar with them. Do you read English or just what you want to read?

It's just a basic principal Jerry. You don't judge all based on one. I'm glad you don't judge Jesus based on Judas. And I'm quite sure you don't judge Baptists based on a pervert like BOB Gray.

• Administrators

This is exactly what people want to see when they are looking for encouragement.

I give the attitude of this thread a :thumbdown:

Sorry if this come as offensive as that is not my intent, I'm just tired of beating around the bush and I'll be putting things bluntly now.

You guys should really take your disagreements via PM.

• Members

-rap it is a potty language so can you flush it please? (hey, I'm being nice here. I do not let my son use potty languages at all, at least not in disrespectful manner - issed and -rap are used to described both in anger and body function)

of course there are worst word than -rap like the word that rhymes with hit.

• Members

-rap it is a potty language so can you flush it please? (hey, I'm being nice here. I do not let my son use potty languages at all, at least not in disrespectful manner - issed and -rap are used to described both in anger and body function)

of course there are worst word than -rap like the word that rhymes with hit.

There you go thinking that your definition and understanding of things is controlling. Humble yourself and realize that you are so, so small in the grand scheme of things. Realize your limitations in knowledge, education and understanding. The word he used can just as easily and practically be a synonym for "junk" or "nonsense".

And, although not proper in every context, there is no validity to saying that a word is vulgar. The meaning of the word may be vulgar, but a simple grouping of letters cannot be inherently vulgar.

• Members

then he should have use "nonsense"... people use the word "he -rap his pant"

no -rap is just another word for -hit

What you mean is "to me based on my understanding of the English language, -rap is just another word for -hit"

What is inherently wrong with the word "-hit"?

• Members

I can't believe it, you never got in trouble in school for using the word -hit in front of your teacher?

I can remember getting in trouble once for something I said, but i can't recall exactly what it was. I'm sure it was along those lines. However, just because one's school teacher doesn't approve of certain language, does not mean that said language is improper from a Christian standpoint.

• Members

We just shouldn't use our body function in a disrespectful manner because it is funny or make a great point or whatever the reason. I was a nurse aide and people are ashamed when I care for them. So I just don't use languages like that.

People done the same thing when they say _osh in replace for God.

They even use the word "deaf" in a disrespectful manner... like "Are you deaf or something" when they want to insult a hearing person as if deaf is a bad thing. And when hearing people actually do become deaf, it is very devastating for them. The process of accepting they are deaf would be a lot easier on them if people didn't use the word "deaf" as an insult so much.