• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Paul's contribution to the New Testament

Paul's letters  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Paul's letters

• The indisputable Word of God
    • Inspired by God, but valid only for its time and culture
    • One man's opinion

• Members

God used him greatly, his epistles preserved in scripture are the inspired inerrant word of God. Does that cover it? :coolsmiley:

I asked the question because so many people have said (wrongly, I believe) that much contained in Paul's epistles was valid only for that time and culture.

• Members

I have vote - The indisputable Word of God - but there are passages we need to interpret in terms of the local situation - time & culture.

Should Christian women always wear head coverings for prayer, & does this include public worship?

Are prophecies like 2 Thes. 2 (man of sin in the temple of God) already fulfilled by AD 70, or are they yet future?

Is speaking in tongues still a common experience or have tongues ceased as from AD 70?

Any more - which prompted the poll????

• Members
Should Christian women always wear head coverings for prayer, & does this include public worship?

A woman's hair is her covering, even today.

Are prophecies like 2 Thes. 2 (man of sin in the temple of God) already fulfilled by AD 70, or are they yet future?

This is talking about the end times when Christ returns.

Is speaking in tongues still a common experience or have tongues ceased as from AD 70?

It is not a common experience and is often faked but they have not ceased anymore than teachers have ceased.