• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Abortion a God-given Right?

• Members
Religious Leader Tells Planned Parenthood Rally Abortion a "God-Given Right"

On Dec. 2, Planned Parenthood along with several other pro-abortion groups including the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (RCRC) held a rally in Washington, D.C. One of the guest speakers was Rev. Carlton Veazey, head of RCRC. According to CNS News he told the small gathering of people,

• Administrators

Mr. Veazey doesn't realize that God has pronounced a woe upon him:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Is. 5:20

It's neither a God-given right, nor a Constitutional right (no matter what the SCOTUS says!), but people have turned their backs on God and His Word for so long they don't realize they are being fooled!

• Members

PreacherE, I'm in 100% agreement this is murder but are you saying the women should be put to death? If so, what about "the dad" that talked her into this is best and paid for it?? Does he get put to death as well for the crime of murder?? I'm only asking this because of something you said in your 5th paragraph and I'll quote you, " Murder is not a God-given right as Mr. Veasey puts it. Instead, it is something that should be dealt with swiftly and publicly so as to deter others from making the same mistake." Is this what you meant?? I find this difficult to accept as your intention so will you explain how you feel the Lord is wanting us to approach these women? I believe christian men working in Pro-life Clinic's... approching these young, often frightened, girl's... with understanding of where they are, reaching out in Christ like love and praying over them having true Christ like compassion would make the bigger (and even speaking to "the dad's" later would bring result's that just might shock us all!) Just trying to see them thru the love of Christ, His by Grace

• Members

PreacherE, I'm in 100% agreement this is murder but are you saying the women should be put to death? If so, what about "the dad" that talked her into this is best and paid for it?? Does he get put to death as well for the crime of murder?? I'm only asking this because of something you said in your 5th paragraph and I'll quote you, " Murder is not a God-given right as Mr. Veasey puts it. Instead, it is something that should be dealt with swiftly and publicly so as to deter others from making the same mistake." Is this what you meant?? I find this difficult to accept as your intention so will you explain how you feel the Lord is wanting us to approach these women? I believe christian men working in Pro-life Clinic's... approching these young, often frightened, girl's... with understanding of where they are, reaching out in Christ like love and praying over them having true Christ like compassion would make the bigger (and even speaking to "the dad's" later would bring result's that just might shock us all!) Just trying to see them thru the love of Christ, His by Grace

I was specifically talking about the abortion doctors being the main ones responsible. However, there are many women who go get an abortion who know exactly what they are doing and they will face God as well with it one day. You are correct in that sometimes young girls are coerced into believing that is the only option or they feel like there is no other way. That in no way excuses what they are doing, but it does put some gray area into the picture so to speak.

God can and will forgive those who have had an abortion if they come to God in repentance seeking forgiveness. We should offer any support we can to these women and we should show them the love of God, but we can not condone what they are doing.

Hope that answered your question.

In Christ,
PreacherE

• Members

PreacherE, Yes, you answered my question's and helped me understand where your coming from much better. I agree, some do know what they are doing! I also agree that even those not grasping the reality or being "coerced" need us to reach out to them with the love of God but not condoning what they are doing. I was trying to express that some of these girl's need Christian Men to reach out, with their wives of course, this seem's to have more of an impact on them. Perhap's they've never even seen a loving male role-modle! Something to pray about anyway! I feel much better after your explaining!! His way's are not our way's But just imagine if they were!!! My prayer!! in Christ, His by Grace

• Members

yep. I see it this way: Should soldiers be put to death for killing many in an unjust war... all because they signed up for military (KNOWING VERY WELL they will go to war) ?

No, we should just put an end to that war so no more killing will happen.

That would be a lot of slaining if you go after women who had abortions. Most were scared and lead to believe that abortion is their only solution. Most were teens at the time, and non-believers, but you be surprised how many people regret their decisions and abortion is one of the main thing that made them turn to God and ask for his mercy and became christians.

• Members

God can and will forgive those who have had an abortion if they come to God in repentance seeking forgiveness. We should offer any support we can to these women and we should show them the love of God, but we can not condone what they are doing.

Hope that answered your question.

In Christ,
PreacherE

You'll have to be careful, Most women will not tell you they had an abortion Most feel ashamed as it is and they won't tell anyone about it or even share their testimony with others how they came to Christ (it is because of the abortion gave them so much agony and grief. So they turn to Christ for his mercy).

I am sure chances are, one or two people in your church had abortion, or fathered an aborted child.