• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible Program

Kayla

• Members

Swordsearcher is a program that you have to pay for - and it is worth it. The only free version of Swordsearcher is a 30 day trial, and I don't think it is the full version.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought my SwordSearcher from Gregg, {holster}, I've got the paid version of E-Sword.

Are should I say I sent in a donation and E-Sword sent me a CD.

Both of them are pretty good, but Sword Searcher is a bit better. One thing I wish Sword Searcher is the highlighting feature, I dislike it not having that.

• Members

My old Quick Verse has on feature I really love, pronouncing of many of the names of the old Testament Bible characters, I still open it quite often to check pronunciations. You just left click on the name and them left click pronounce.

Of course most people don't have the trouble I have with Bible names, do they?

This is one thing I need the most. Growing up HOH, I can't pronounce half of the words that I read. I know what it means and such, but I can't pronounce it because I grew up with limit sounds. Our hearing son need this the most because I can't correct him if I don't know how to pronounce it.

• Members

This is one thing I need the most. Growing up HOH, I can't pronounce half of the words that I read. I know what it means and such, but I can't pronounce it because I grew up with limit sounds. Our hearing son need this the most because I can't correct him if I don't know how to pronounce it.

Would not surprise me if there is someone who sells some type of program for the purpose of helping pronounce Old Testament Bible names.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I use E-Sword, and love it. I used to use Quick Verse too, but did not like the newer version that came out. Also, you had to pay to unlock certain study books, which e-sword offers free.

I also have the Bible on cassette, and just purchased it on cd (KJV of course) with Alexander Scourby doing the reading. I pronounce the words as he does, it saves a lot of headaches!

The best part is that it is free, the way I feel a true "ministry" ought to be! (Too many people miss out if they can't afford it otherwise.)

• Members

I use E-Sword, and love it. I used to use Quick Verse too, but did not like the newer version that came out. Also, you had to pay to unlock certain study books, which e-sword offers free.

I also have the Bible on cassette, and just purchased it on cd (KJV of course) with Alexander Scourby doing the reading. I pronounce the words as he does, it saves a lot of headaches!

The best part is that it is free, the way I feel a true "ministry" ought to be! (Too many people miss out if they can't afford it otherwise.)

Not a big fan of the way Scourby reads personally. I know it's God's word but I just don't like the way he reads it.

• Members

Not a big fan of the way Scourby reads personally. I know it's God's word but I just don't like the way he reads it.

I have heard that he is the best...guess its just a matter of opinion. I like the dramatized better though, it is more like listening to it in person! (I Like it, but can't afford it when I can get Scourby's reading a whole lot cheaper!)

• Members

I like Scourby - but I hate that he omits words or phrases at times, and they never fixed it after all these years. If it was exactly like the KJV, I would have no problem playing it to help me memorize the Bible or giving it to someone who can't read - but with these ommissions, it is possible that a person listening to it and possibly memorizing it would get it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I've been using "the Word". It's a free Bible software that you can download...don't let "free" fool you, because it's really good!

Though I've never used SwordSearcher, I have compared its screenshots with the Word's, and they're very similar from what I can tell.

the Word (like SwordSearcher) comes with the King James and tons of other free modules. They do have modules for purchase, but most of those are new Bible versions and other things I wouldn't trust doctrinally.

I have it on my computer at home, and also on a USB Flash Drive (which they offer as a free download too).

Since I've never used SwordSearcher personally, I can't give you a true comparison...but in my opinion, I don't see how SwordSearcher could be that much better than the Word. Perhaps there's someone on the forum that can.

If you're interested, here's the link...http://www.theword.net/

• 4 months later...

Archived