• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I got a job!

• Members

I've been back from Korea for two months now and I've been really praying about where to work and haven't really felt comfortable with the places where I've been applying. One of my friends at our church 20-something Bible study told me about a company he used to work for and when I really looked into it and applied, I felt like it was really somewhere where I would love to work and start a career. I've really been praying about it and had my second interview(after an initial phone screening interview) there this past Tuesday. I got a call a few minutes ago letting me know I had gotten the jOB. Praise the Lord that He has provided me a jOB and hopefully a place where I can start my career. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :godisgood::sSig_praiseGod:

• Administrators

I've been back from Korea for two months now and I've been really praying about where to work and haven't really felt comfortable with the places where I've been applying. One of my friends at our church 20-something Bible study told me about a company he used to work for and when I really looked into it and applied, I felt like it was really somewhere where I would love to work and start a career. I've really been praying about it and had my second interview(after an initial phone screening interview) there this past Tuesday. I got a call a few minutes ago letting me know I had gotten the jOB. Praise the Lord that He has provided me a jOB and hopefully a place where I can start my career. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :godisgood::sSig_praiseGod:

That's great, Kevin! Can you share what it is?

• Members

Sure. :)
It's at T. Rowe Price. It's a mutual funds/financial management company based in Baltimore, MD. I'm going to be at their Owings Mills location, which is actually their largest location. I'll be doing check processing, not sure in what department yet. It's where I'd like to make my career, though. They promote from within, have great benefits and employee programs, and they'll pay 100% for my master's in finance. I'm really excited about getting started with them. It's kind of my dream jOB. Not the jOB where I'll be starting, necessarily, but where I can go in the company. I start the 21st. :D

• Members

Haha. You sound like my Korean friends. They always ask how much I make, when I was in Korea and now that I'm here. I always have to explain that it's rude in America to ask how much someone makes. :P

Awesome news Kevin. T. Rowe is a great company. I started out as a securities attorney and I was always impressed with them.

• Members

Awesome news Kevin. T. Rowe is a great company. I started out as a securities attorney and I was always impressed with them.

Cool, that's what I've heard. I'm really excited to get started there. I'll be working at their largest location so there are a lot benefits that go with that, as well, like an on-site cafe and grill, gym, volleyball and tennis courts, and organized softball teams. :biggrin: