• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The discriminatory 'Non-Discrimination Act'

• Members
The discriminatory 'Non-Discrimination Act'

Is there a way to make America, this world, so that no one will be discriminated against?

Will our congressmen try to get so political correct that they will made it a national crime to discriminate against anyone?

If I owned a business, when hiring people I would prOBably discriminate against some who applied, for I would want to hire the one I thought would b the best worker, and to be honest I feel it would be my right to hire who I wanted to hire.

• Members

I don't think they will ever pass this. Some things are just hard not to discriminate. Like Sarah Palin, LOL.

But seriously, there are alot of jOBs who will not take me... like air traffic controllers (they have to speak to the pilots where to take off and land). Or the military. You have to pass a hearing test in order to get the jOB. I know I can't pass it so it is discriminating. But reasonable because it is someone's life I'm dealing with. My husband applied for customer support for an insurance, and it required him to take some computer test with headphones. There is no way you can talk to someone and explain them that you are deaf and this test is discriminating. You have to take the test in order for you to get an interview. This test can easily write off as discrimination because deaf people can not get jOBs unless they can hear the test.But there is a reason for it, people who are applying for this jOB have to use the phone all day. This is why I don't think they will ever pass the Non-discrimination Act.

On the other hand, I would love to help other deaf people because we can depend on each other to survive. A hearing person who won't use a tty or such does not do us any good if our life depend on it. (imagine a deaf person trying to call 911 and nOBody can communicate with him because no one will use the TTY... but since I can't hear, I can and will use the tty)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Should we really be concerned?? I have to laugh or I'd cry when you park in handicap parking but sooo many time's you find the ramp or ramps at the very end...waay down from where your parked (in the handicap parking space!!) It's gotten to where my husband and I have gotten out somewhere we haven't been before, we get out and look and look for the handicapped ramp's and we laugh so hard we can't even breath because how far away they are located!! If they can't do this right...should I be worried? Alright, with more thought (I'm laughing as I post this!!) maybe I should be more concerned!! Just remember He is in control!! His by Grace

• Members

I realize that this only apply to sexual orientation. Well, it would be totally unfair for people like me because we are being discriminated all the time because of the type of jOB it is. Well if the type of jOB is religion-based then I don't think they can do it . Can they handle to help someone to find book on why homosexual is a sin. I'm sure they are more than willing to hire someone who is practicing calibracy because they can't find women attracted but have deep love for Christ. I'm also sure they are willing to hire someone who was born with a intersex genetic disorder.