• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Huckabee's past may taint his future

• Members

Back in Mike Huckabee's days as governor of our fair state I thought all of those pardons, prisoners released, was a bad idea and it would lead to trouble for someone. I think he was warned, but he would not listen, and seems like he still feels what he did was right.

I feel this pardoning power given to a governor or president is 100 % wrong, there is to much room for it to be about politics.

And if someone has this power, them if the ones they pradon does wrong, them they should be held 100 % accountable for the crimes they commit.

• Members

Back in Mike Huckabee's days as governor of our fair state I thought all of those pardons, prisoners released, was a bad idea and it would lead to trouble for someone. I think he was warned, but he would not listen, and seems like he still feels what he did was right.

I feel this pardoning power given to a governor or president is 100 % wrong, there is to much room for it to be about politics.

And if someone has this power, them if the ones they pradon does wrong, them they should be held 100 % accountable for the crimes they commit.

Does Michael Dukakis/Willie Horton ring a bell?

• Members

Considering the kind of readers onenewsnow attracts, I would not consider that to be even close to representing American voters in any way.

Conservatives polling conservatives on conservative candidates? (and I don't think the poll claims to be anything but something to attrack participation on a web site, just like all the other nonsensical polls on web sites)

• Members

Conservatives polling conservatives on conservative candidates? (and I don't think the poll claims to be anything but something to attrack participation on a web site, just like all the other nonsensical polls on web sites)

Yeah, I'm just saying we can't put much stock in it. Onenewsnow and wnd put out a lot of stuff that really can't be validated and are sometimes conspiracy theories. I've read supposed quotes from people that are totally unvalidated on that website. It's not a mainstream conservative website by any stretch of the imagination is the point I'm trying to make, I guess. :frog:

• Members

I would think the polls they run would prOBably reflect a pretty good view of those who come to that sight. I'm not a bit surprised that Palin is leading in their poll.

• Members

X-Baptist preachers in politics aren't where we need to put our hope and expectations. Just the other day I was asked about that 90 minutes in heaven and I told them...

We have the full revelation of God for us in the Bible. I don't put any confidence in what men say or what they percieve from a near death experience. I have no idea what this book is about other than what I've heard from others who read it. I know others who have read it and see no change in them as a result. I know people who read their Bible who are changed and I see and experience a change in them as well. Jesus, himself said, "A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas." The prophet said, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? In the N.T. we are told, "The just shall live by faith." We don't find God by sight or by Baptist preachers who claim an experience.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

...so, I would also add Baptist preachers who run for office. Yes, I would vote for Huckabee because he does tender much of the political preferences I hold.