• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Washington Monument inscription "Praise Be to God"

• Members

I know I'll take some heat for saying this, but I'm completely in favor of a 100% secular government. Of course, I'm a minarchist, so that doesn't say much. My ideal government is one that almost doesn't even exist. Only that which is necessary for protecting an individuals life, property, and liberty... A cap on some government property that says "LAUS DEO" does not protect my life, property, or liberty. I won't lose sleep if someone decides to rotate said cap 45 degrees.

Now if the government were to start going into private property, or into churches, and doing the same thing- that would be a prOBlem.

• Members

-edit-
.. A cap on some government property that says "LAUS DEO" does not protect my life, property, or liberty. I won't lose sleep if someone decides to rotate said cap 45 degrees.

Now if the government were to start going into private property, or into churches, and doing the same thing- that would be a prOBlem.

understand your point.....

The prOBlem is... a minor thing like said cap rotated is that it shows a hostility towards our founding principles. It's not the act, but the thought behind the act. And as people deny our "Christian principles" and the reasons for the greatness of this country then we WILL INDEED HAVE government in private property, churches, etc. In fact, we already do......

• Members

I know I'll take some heat for saying this, but I'm completely in favor of a 100% secular government. - edited -

let me add... there is not such thing as a secular government. Secularism IS a religion. Sadly, most secularists are more devoted to their religion than are Christians. :icon_biggrin:

• Members

Pr 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Ps 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I just don't think a secular government would be approved of by God, for a secular nation would not seek the face of God confessing their sins and would not be interested in turning from their sins, for they, the lost, don't believe they're sinners.

Its very clear, "Blessed is the nations whose God is the Lord," that has nothing at all to do with a secular government.

I'm foolish enough to think that it would be great for our leader to do as Nebuchadnezzar did in these verses below, for us as a nation to turn to the one true living God. Will it happen, very doubtful, for our nation is on a course to remove God completely from our nation.

Da 3:28