• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hearings on "climategate"?? Scientists lied? Tell me it aint so!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What is he actually saying, apart from the data are falsified?

Note there is always the emphasis on "glOBal warming" rather than "climate change." I was joking last summer about the weather being cold the whole summer, despite my 4wd. People in the north of England don't see the joke, when thier homes are flooded, nor do those in California & Australia fleeing from the fires. The Arctic Ocean is melting, & that will affect the Gulf Stream that keeps Western Europe temperate.

How should we act as stewards of the earth provided for our habitation - & for our grandchildren?

Rejecting the warnings as 'spurious' or 'deceitful' is not the way forward, nor is a belief in the 'rapture' that assures the dispensationalists that they will be out-a-here before the trouble.

Some of the data may be wrongly interpreted - that is the way of the media, & of scientist - but what we need is not rejection of the 'glOBal warming hoax' but proper interpretation that presents the truth of 'climate change' & the extent to which man's actions contribute.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

• Members

It kind of makes me wonder what else scientists are hiding.

While I agree we should take care of our earth, I do not believe the earth is going to get warmer and warmer and warmer. What was it in the seventies some scienctists were worried about glOBal cooling? I do believe however that the earth will burn up one day. If you really look at the facts of glOBal warming, our earth has only warmed up by one degree in 100 years. Humans are only responsible of 2% of co2 emmissions. Greenland was once a liveable place. The vikings lived there and grew crops. I honestly believe that our world goes through cycles.

• Members

While I agree we should take care of our earth, I do not believe the earth is going to get warmer and warmer and warmer. What was it in the seventies some scienctists were worried about glOBal cooling? I do believe however that the earth will burn up one day. If you really look at the facts of glOBal warming, our earth has only warmed up by one degree in 100 years. Humans are only responsible of 2% of co2 emmissions. Greenland was once a liveable place. The vikings lived there and grew crops. I honestly believe that our world goes through cycles.

Bingo. GlOBal warming is all about the money and control, unfortunately. Some people are getting very rich off this glOBal warming stuff, and many governments are using it as a good excuse to limit more individual liberties, while simultaneously adding taxes. You should take a look at the Copenhagen Climate Treaty they'd like everyone to sign. The meeting for it is next week, I believe.

• Members

I would really like to know the answer to this simple question:

Have any of the scientists in these emails testified before Congress in the past regarding glOBal warming?

At the very least, they could be charged with contempt of Congress, even perjury.

I think they so believe that pollution is damaging our planet (which I agree it is to some extent) that they are willing to cook the books for what they believe is a nOBle cause.

Just like evolution, glOBal warming is becoming a scientific faith rather than a theory. And like so many religions, otherwise good people feel that they can do wrong to further what they believe is a good cause.

• Members

Them you have hypocrites like Al Gore who are getting rich off of this glOBal warming fraud.

These Scientists nor no one else can save this world from the fire thats in its future. Its a done deal, its just a matter of when the wrath of God is poured out on this world. There is only one protection from it, and that's Christ.

• Members

From what a trusted and respected friend has told me upon combing through the emails, there wasn't anything about actually falsifying or destroying data in the emails. It's not what most scientists aspire to be, but high pressure situations do that to people. It's more office politics than actual politics.

Besides, the research done by the University of East Anglia actually showed the least warming out of most of the major climate research centers --not exactly crucial to the debate on the side of glOBal warming.

In Life, Way, and Truth,
~Garrett

• Members

From what a trusted and respected friend has told me upon combing through the emails, there wasn't anything about actually falsifying or destroying data in the emails. It's not what most scientists aspire to be, but high pressure situations do that to people. It's more office politics than actual politics.

Besides, the research done by the University of East Anglia actually showed the least warming out of most of the major climate research centers --not exactly crucial to the debate on the side of glOBal warming.

In Life, Way, and Truth,
~Garrett

That sounds like gossip to me.

Why have you got a quote from an atheist for your signature here on a Christian message board?

• Members

I bought a fascinating book 30 years ago - "The Weather Machine & the Threat of Ice" by the 'New Scientist' editor, Nigel Caldwell. It discussed the way weather patterns occur, & cycles of warming & cooling. It was made into a TV programme - two 2-hour sessions with a short interval. It was fascinating but very hard to stay awake for 4 hours, so I bought the book. The centuries of climate studies, aided by ice-core patterns, indicated a big freeze coming in the 90s. At the time of writing, there was the suggestion that the increase in 'greenhouse gases' would offset the climate change.

Also in the 70s, the Russians were building nuclear powered ice-breakers in a desperate attempt to keep their Artic waters open.

Would a 'natural' ice-age, making the north uninhabitable & locking up vast quantities of water in ice, be preferable to to climate change we are experiencing? Are floods better than drought & fires? Days of Noah, or days of Lot?

Where is the call for national repentance - calling on our God?

There is a more serious - dreadful - day of glOBal warming coming:
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

• Members

I think they're cooking the books, they're after money, this is something a few can make much money off all the rest of the people if they can fool enough people.

E-mails reveal more than glOBal-warming scam

In fact we may know shortly on how they've cooked the books.

Trouble is, people are making vast fortunes by plundering & exploiting the earth's resources, without concern for the fact that they are using up finite reserves, & waging wars to secure supplies.

In the short term, measures to combat climate change, & support those already suffering will cost the richer nations. We dare not rely on our interpretation of prophecy to keep us out of trouble.

I quote again:
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

• Members

Trouble is, people are making vast fortunes by plundering & exploiting the earth's resources, without concern for the fact that they are using up finite reserves, & waging wars to secure supplies.

In the short term, measures to combat climate change, & support those already suffering will cost the richer nations. We dare not rely on our interpretation of prophecy to keep us out of trouble.

I quote again:

What if those e-mails are real (and they say they are) and there really is no glOBal warming (and they say there is not) and the real prOBlem is that there are just a bunch of greedy people on both sides of the issue who want to make a lot of money (some off those "finite" resources, and the others off a different type of resource, like "green technology")?

• Members

Whether "climate change" is affected by man or not (I for one believe that the OBjective research supports the theory), the technology being developed based on the theory is clearly good for our society. There is nothing wrong with cleaner air and water. The green technology we are seeing is leading to a decreased reliance on oil and other fossil fuels. It's also leading to less expensive energy sources such as solar powered homes (my building is totally solar, I haven't paid an electrical bill in almost three years).

The only reason that there is any divide over this issue is because it has become political. The Republicans, God help them, can't afford to be seen as the party that didn't realize what was going on. Therefore, they just oppose it and get their sheep to follow for no other reason than they, and their "scientist," say so. People are so simple.