• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

trc123

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey, Miss Linda, how about posting the recipe for your wonderful cornbread sausage dressing? :clapping:

Here you go! Enjoy! :hungry:

Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
2 packages cornbread stuffing mix
1 lb. ground sausage, browned and drained
4 stalks of celery, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 (14.5 oz.) can of chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Prepare cornbread stuffing mix according to package directions.

Combine prepared cornbread stuffing mix, sausage, onion, celery, butter, poultry seasoning and chicken broth.

Transfer mixture to medium baking dish. Cover. Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned. Edited by Miss Linda

• Members

Here you go! Enjoy! :hungry:

Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
2 packages cornbread stuffing mix
1 lb. ground sausage, browned and drained
4 stalks of celery, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 (14.5 oz.) can of chicken broth

Prepeate oven to 350 F.

Prepare cornbread stuffing mix according to package directions.

Combine prepared cornbread stuffing mix, sausage, onion, celery, butter, poultry seasoning and chicken broth.

Transfer mixture to medium baking dish. Cover. Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned.

What is the preferred poultry seasoning?

• Members

What is the preferred poultry seasoning?

I just use McCormick's Poultry Seasoning. You can find it among the spices and seasonings in your grocery store, usually on the same aisle as all the baking supplies (flour, sugar, etc.). Usually the spices are arranged in alphabetical order, so look for it among the 'p's. Oh, and I should have made the measurements a little more clear in case you do not read recipes that much. This recipe uses 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning and 2 tablespoons of butter. It's sort of a recipe "short-hand" to capitlize a 'T' to indicate a tablespoon measurement, and to use a lower case 't' to indicate a teaspoon measurement.

This is a very simple, fail-proof recipe that I'm sure you will enjoy!

• Members

I wondered what a "Cornish Game Hen" is and it seems we call it a Poussin. I got this from Wikki:

In Commonwealth countries, poussin (or less common coquelet) is a butcher term for a young chicken, less than 28 days old at slaughter and usually weighing 400-450 grammes but not above 750g. It is sometimes also called spring chicken, although the term spring chicken usually refers to chickens weighing 750-850g.

In the United States of America, poussin is an alternative name for a small-sized [cross-breed] chicken called Rock Cornish game hen, developed in the late 1950s, which is twice as old and twice as large as the typical British poussin.

Poussin and coquelet are actually French words and not often used over here.

But why would anyone fight over drumsticks? I much prefer the white meat.