• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Was it a sudden food allergy??Research sheds light on dangerous reactions

• Members

A man who is allergic to red meat:

This cannot be happening again, Hayden Newell thought as the angry, red, ferociously itchy welts encircled his waist and spread up his arms. The 57-year-old metallurgist from tiny Boones Mill, Va., who was attending a business lunch in Florida, knew what would prOBably happen next: His lips would grow numb, making it hard to speak; he would become short of breath; and his blood pressure would plummet: all unmistakable signs of anaphylaxis, a potentially fatal allergic reaction. Newell knew he had to get to an emergency room - fast.

The same thing had happened a month earlier, in August 2008.ut a month later, after a dinner that included oysters Rockefeller and filet mignon, Newell awoke at 3 a.m. to discover that his chest and waist were covered in itchy hives.
....(more) http://www.lohud.com/article/20091113/LIFESTYLE01/911130303/-1/SPORTS

(this guy is from my local area, I used to get ticks all the time so tick bites are very common here )

• Members

My mother in law was allergic to frozen green vegetables, particularly peas. She was not allergic to those we froze ourselves from the garden. She always said she was allergic to mushrooms, but I suspect that it was the veg she had with them.

We once wemt to a wedding and she was very ill and we found that there were frozen Brussels sprouts in the meal. She was so ill that I thought she was dying.

My aunt who worked aty the Government Chemist and the Government scientist where they test all types of commercially produced food said there are no additives in frozen green veg. A food hygenist later told me that there is in fact a green dye which is added.