• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Creation pictures & illustrations

• Members

I thought I'd try to see how pictures and illstrations will work on this new format. Haven't seen it elsewhere yet.

1SANDLE-PRINT-1.jpg

A human sandal print stepping on a trilOBite. PrOBlem; trilOBites are supposed to have become extinct 180 million yrs ago.

varve_leaf1.jpg

A fossil leaf extending through several layers of varves...which are supposedly laid down slowly over millions of yrs. So much for that theory.

100_2417.jpg

Agate Springs, Nebraska; Thousands of animals found fossilized together in one place. Did all these animals migrate to the same high elevation 4,500 ft and die together at the same time and become fossilized instantly because nature led them there? Or were they creatures seeking higher ground to escape the rising waters of Noah's flood and they were crushed by volcanic sediment in the same moment?

One thing for sure; they didn't all just die there together only to become slowly covered by sediment inch-by-inch over millions of yrs because that is not the way fossils are formed.

There are many such places in the world.

fossilgraveyar2.jpg

Feel free to comment on these things, my fellow Christian brothers and sisters.

May God be praised in all things.

• Members

Were dinosaurs contemporary with man? Yes and there is much evidence that this is true, starting with JOB 40 & 41 concerning Behemoth and Leviathan.

Then there is all of this:

steg2.jpg

The carving of a stegosarus is seen on a doorway entrance of the temple of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. It is visible along with other animals that are common to that area. How did ancient man even know of such creatures unless they had seen them?

Dec26183-1.jpg

This creature was fished out of the sea of Japan by a Japanese fishing trawler. After examining the specimen and taking pictures it was thrown overboard. Evolutionists insist it is a 'basking shark' which cannot be because basking sharks have dorsal fins and according to both the marine biologist on board the ship and the crew members who saw it the creature had no dorsal fin. Plus the neck is far to long for a basking whale.

livedinoblu.jpg

This creature washed up on shore in Moore's Beach, California. Again, evolutionists say it was a type of whale. But the scientist who examined it said it was definitely not a whale. It had a 20 foot long neck.

dino-fish.jpg

An unknown marine creature seen in the Pacific.

palestrina2.gif

The Palestrine Mosiac depicting men battling dinosaurs. There are several dinosaurs depicted in this artwork from the 1st century A.D. Again, the depiction here begs the question: how did ancient man know what dinosaurs looked like unless they had seen them? For those of us who believe what is said in JOB 40-41 this is not a prOBlem. Men and dinosaurs have always been contemporary.

• Members

JOB lived in "the land of UZ". It's in the Middle East. Most, if not all of the animals found in the area of the Middle East, are mentioned in the Bible. There are horses, cattle(Kine), sheep, goats, camels, ostriches, badgers, deer, pigs, wild bulls, conies, all kinds of birds, whales, "great fish' etc. Why are crocodiles and elephants not mentioned? Wouldn't something as impressive as a one ton Nile Crocodile or a 5 ton Syrian Elephant been worthy of mention? Maybe they were......maybe the Bible calls them something else........It calls cattle "kine", deer "roes", "hinds" and "harts", donkeys are "asses" so maybe the Bible has another name for what we call "crocodiles" and "elepants"? Hmmmm wonder what it could be?

Extinction
Israel has undergone many extinctions of various animal species, most of it occurring since the end of the 19th century. .......................... By the beginning of the 20th century many animals have gone extinct, including mammals such as the White Oryx, the Syrian Brown Bear and the Cheetah, as well as reptiles such as the Nile Crocodile. .....................

One text of the 12th-century king Tiglath-pileser I (1114-1076 b.c.e.) states that he killed wild bulls and cows in the land Hatti; he felled elephants with his bow in the land Harran and the region of the Habur River

http://www.britannica.com/bps/additionalcontent/18/31784128/Assyrian-Royal-Hunts-Antlered-and-Horned-Animals-from-Distant-Lands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Elephant

• Members

JOB lived in "the land of UZ". It's in the Middle East. Most, if not all of the animals found in the area of the Middle East, are mentioned in the Bible. There are horses, cattle(Kine), sheep, goats, camels, ostriches, badgers, deer, pigs, wild bulls, conies, all kinds of birds, whales, "great fish' etc. Why are crocodiles and elephants not mentioned? Wouldn't something as impressive as a one ton Nile Crocodile or a 5 ton Syrian Elephant been worthy of mention? Maybe they were......maybe the Bible calls them something else........It calls cattle "kine", deer "roes", "hinds" and "harts", donkeys are "asses" so maybe the Bible has another name for what we call "crocodiles" and "elepants"? Hmmmm wonder what it could be?

http://www.britannica.com/bps/additionalcontent/18/31784128/Assyrian-Royal-Hunts-Antlered-and-Horned-Animals-from-Distant-Lands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Elephant

We have a strong hint as to what Behemoth was in vs 17

"He moveth his tail like a cedar:"

That's no hippo and an alligator could hardly qualify as 'chief of the ways of God'. But a Diplodocus could.

and vs 23

" Behold, he drinketh up a river..." so he drinks a lot of water.

And as to the location of JOB and his friends. Notice the Lord mentions...

"he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth."

So why would the Lord mention Jordan river unless JOB and his friends lived nearby?

Have a nice day.

• Members

We have a strong hint as to what Behemoth was in vs 17

"He moveth his tail like a cedar:"

That's no hippo and an alligator could hardly qualify as 'chief of the ways of God'. But a Diplodocus could.

and vs 23

" Behold, he drinketh up a river..." so he drinks a lot of water.

And as to the location of JOB and his friends. Notice the Lord mentions...

"he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth."

So why would the Lord mention Jordan river unless JOB and his friends lived nearby?

Have a nice day.

Behemoth
It says the tail MOVES like a cedar; nothing more.
It says nothing about the size or even appearance of the tail.

Notice that this Behemoth is a male. A full grown bull elephant is a very impressive beast to say the least. I would say that a 5 or 6 ton bull elephant could be "the chief of the ways of God just as well as a diplodocus could.

Do reptiles drink lots of water? I know some desert dwelling ones never drink water. But elephants DO drink lots of water. But please note that IF it were something the size of a dinosaur, it would take hundreds if not thousands of them to drain the 156 mile long Jordan River even if they all drank at the same time.

The Bible also says the "behemoth" lays in the shade. You won't find too many reptiles lounging in the shade. Being cold blooded creatures, most reptiles I know of try to lay out in the sun to warm their bodies. Crocs, gators, turtles, lizards, snakes ALL must sun themselves in order to function. But elephants DO lay in the shade.

The Jordan river is in the Middle East; so is the Land of UZ. I don't know how close they are to each other.

Leviathan
The Nile Crocodile was once indigenous to the land of Israel. These things can weigh up to a TON and are big enough and powerful enough to take down a full grown bull. Why was such an awesomne beast not mentioned in the Bible. Maybe it was.....by another name.

• Members

Amen. It's pretty OBvious the Lord is describing dinosaurs. I think that there is evidence that fire breathing dragons = dinosaurs, at least some of them.

Yes evidence....and also even today there is a beetle that has a special gas in his stomach that can be ignited to a spark with his legs or something (can't remember how it works...the bombadier beetle I think). It would not be hard for a dinosaur who the Bible describes as having teeth as flints, right? To click his teeth and ignite a gas from his stomach.

• Members

Thanks again. I was thinking more in terms of a chronosaurs. That dino had twin chamber above its brain and that lead in narrow tubes down to the nose. Scientists don't know why this is. I would suggest that what you said about the bombardier beetle may be true of the chronosaurus. If so then we have an answer to the dilemma.

Best wishes.