• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Motives

• Members

Yes, that's true, but someone needs to tell her that she isn't your or your mom's authority and she needs to look at her own life since it sounds like she's being very self-righteous, herself. At least she should be able to take what she dishes out.

Well, she has often called people fools, or stupid or abnormal, or shared their failings round the dinner table. I did try to gently point out to her that words are important. She told me that she doesn't keep any record of what she says, and people would have to make of her words what they will.

• Members

Wow, she sounds like a royal pain in the butt to me. lol
Sorry, don't mean to talk about your aunt like that but I've been around people like that and they drive me crazy like nothing else. :P
Sounds like she's really full of herself and totally inconsiderate of others.

It's OK. You're not alone in your view.

• Members

Well, she has often called people fools, or stupid or abnormal, or shared their failings round the dinner table. I did try to gently point out to her that words are important. She told me that she doesn't keep any record of what she says, and people would have to make of her words what they will.

Maybe the next time your aunt is gossiping at the dinner table politely point out that this is not a Godly action. Your parents could do this as way. Do it in a loving and calm manner though. Also, the Bible warns about calling people fools. She better have a very very good reason to be calling them that.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Raca would be like calling some stupid or empty headed. Moron would also be another word for raca. Remember there are other words for fool as well. Idiot is the equivalent to fool. Some people say it is the eqivalent to raca but look up the definition. It means an utterly foolish person.

Scripture is sometimes the best way to stop someone dead in their tracks.