• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Iran rejected nuclear deal, Obama postponing announcement

• Members

From the Jerusalem Post...

Iran has completely rejected a UN-brokered nuclear deal, but US President Barack OBama has postponed the official announcement on Teheran's refusal due to internal political reasons, Israel Radio quoted a senior western official as saying Saturday.

The deal would see most of the Islamic Republic's uranium shipped to Russia and France for further processing.

The official reportedly told journalists in Paris that Iran has also refused to resume nuclear talks with the six world powers.

• Members

When will Israel dismantle its nuclear arsenal? And when will the US stop using DU weapons that damage our own troops as well as contaminating the land where they are used?

oh no.... don't tell me.... now Israel and US are the bad guys?????

• Members

oh no.... don't tell me.... now Israel and US are the bad guys?????

His stand does not shock me with the post he has made on OB.

This is a day when evil is called good and good is called evil.

As for Iran, I feel they have a goal they're reaching for, wiping out Israel, and will not be happy until they reach that goal, to reach that goal they need nuclear weapons. Of course they would love to have American in their sights too.

Perhaps there is only one nation that will stop them, Israel, or maybe I should say attempt to stop them from going nuclear. I can't see OBama doing anything but apologizing about how sorry America has been until he took over.

• Members

I am not suggesting that the Islamic nations are the "good guys." Nor am I in favour of them developing nuclear weapons.

However, we are not clean in these matters. We need to recognise Gospel priorities. We cannot establish matters of right & wrong by military might. Nor can Jihadis win by terror tactics.

It is too easy to deal with & against nations & forget that nations are made up of people. How do we win hearts & minds? Its too easy to make enemies.

Its a matter of history that some declared terrorists become respected national leaders - think of Mandela. It is also a matter of history that if we refuse to deal with reasonable nationalists the terrorists take up the struggle.

• Members

I am not suggesting that the Islamic nations are the "good guys." Nor am I in favour of them developing nuclear weapons.

However, we are not clean in these matters. We need to recognise Gospel priorities. We cannot establish matters of right & wrong by military might. Nor can Jihadis win by terror tactics.

It is too easy to deal with & against nations & forget that nations are made up of people. How do we win hearts & minds? Its too easy to make enemies.

Its a matter of history that some declared terrorists become respected national leaders - think of Mandela. It is also a matter of history that if we refuse to deal with reasonable nationalists the terrorists take up the struggle.

Covenanter... how old are you? I'm guessing you did not live thru WWII, Korea, etc. Our military might CAN and DOES "establish matters of right and wrong." Fighting the Nazi's was RIGHT. Every goal of every war we have fought has been RIGHT.

If not for ESTABLISH MATTERS OF RIGHT & WRONG BY MILITARY MIGHT this country would NOT be AMERICA. Wake up and get into reality. Read some history.

• Members

I've lived through a lot of history - I was born before WWII; my father & older brother were in the RAF. German bombs fell within 50 yds of our home. Southampton was devastated by bombing. I have no doubt that fighting Hitler & his allies was right. The Korean war was justified.

Not sure about the Vietnam war. We put a lot of men & resources into losing it. The aftermath was certainly very bad for those countries.

The first Gulf war achieved its OBjectives, but we could have done more for the people of Iraq afterwards. Many died from the sanctions.

Our support of Hussein against Iran was not right, nor our building up of bin Laden & Al Qaeda to fight the Russians in Afghanistan. We had a missionary in Kabul (in the eye hospital) at that time. Life was much better under the Russians than it is now.

Even if the goals of the present wars are justifiable, are they achievable by force, & are they worth the lives of our young men & countless Iraqis & Afghanis?

How do we work for a lasting peace & goodwill? I know that if the insurgents ceased their action, we could work to reconstruct the countries, but we didn't after the 1st Gulf war. Sanctions increased resentment.

Do we fear the rise of Islam if we stop fighting Islamic countries? Jesus is King of kings & Lord of lords!

• Members

Even if the goals of the present wars are justifiable, are they achievable by force, & are they worth the lives of our young men & countless Iraqis & Afghanis?

I think the difference between us is this: I view the ones that we are fighting today an enemy just like the Nazi's and the Japanese of 1942. Thus, yes, the fight is worth lives. However, loss of life would be reduced if the politicians would let the military fight the war and the politicians give the support they need.

• Members

Saudi dissidents carried out 9/11, & English Muslims 7/7. Hussein never threatened us, & had no WMDs. Certainly he was an evil man, but he was contained & powerless.

Yet we live at peace with the Saudis. It seems pretty clear that Bush & Blair wanted reasons to invade Iraq, & we are in these endless wars because of lies & hubris.

There are, of course, nastier enemies, but we seek to contain & trade with them because they could hurt us, or because they are useful as "allies."

• Members

No WMD's? thats funny. You need to talk to some of my buddies that were in Iraq in 1991 and also 2003. I prefer to believe the boots on the ground rather than the liberal media.

I dont agree with how things are being fought, the politicians need to leave it to the military, but never the less, we are at war and it must be fought. How many plots of terror attacks to the FBI foil that we are never aware of. I think it would shock you. That being said, you certainly have the right to your opionon, I just dont agree with it.

God Bless

• Members

Saudi dissidents carried out 9/11, & English Muslims 7/7. Hussein never threatened us, & had no WMDs. Certainly he was an evil man, but he was contained & powerless.

Yet we live at peace with the Saudis. It seems pretty clear that Bush & Blair wanted reasons to invade Iraq, & we are in these endless wars because of lies & hubris.

There are, of course, nastier enemies, but we seek to contain & trade with them because they could hurt us, or because they are useful as "allies."

You say he was "contained and powerless." humm... tell that to the thousands of his own people that he murdered.... You can argue that we had no business there (and I disagree with that) but you certainly can't say he was "powerless."

• Members

Hussein murdered thousands upon thousands of his own people, if he was left in power many more thousands upon thousands more would now be dead, so as Gregg said, Hussein was not powerless. He has his crew were a vicious bunch of murders and that's what they used their power for.

Vietnam, sorry war run by politicians, many life's were lost that should not have been. Early on from 64 to 66 America should have sent their B-52 over Hanoi and bombed them unmerciful, the war would have been won and fewer people would have lost their life's on both sides. The way it is we pulled out and the blood of millions are upon our hands, due to politicians not letting our Military do their jOB.

Sees our dear politicians keep right on making the same mistakes even now.

• Members

Hussein murdered thousands upon thousands of his own people, if he was left in power many more thousands upon thousands more would now be dead, so as Gregg said, Hussein was not powerless. He has his crew were a vicious bunch of murders and that's what they used their power for.

Vietnam, sorry war run by politicians, many life's were lost that should not have been. Early on from 64 to 66 America should have sent their B-52 over Hanoi and bombed them unmerciful, the war would have been won and fewer people would have lost their life's on both sides. The way it is we pulled out and the blood of millions are upon our hands, due to politicians not letting our Military do their jOB.

Sees our dear politicians keep right on making the same mistakes even now.

Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them]. And they went to another village.

• Members

Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them]. And they went to another village.

My Bible also says:
Lu 22:36* Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.