• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does this really surprise you?

• Members

Why is it a poor decision to try them in the best justice system in the world? They committed a crime against New York, being tried there seems logical to me. I think it will give New Yorkers a great sense of justice.

I agree. The people of New York deserve to hand this man his sentence.

To all those calling for a trial per military law, I ask: What nation's army was this man serving at the time of his crimes? What war was he fighting in?

As much as the fanatical right (don't get me wrong, I'm as conservative as the next guy, but I've come to conclude that the quickest way to tell if someone has sold their soul to the devil is to look and see if they have a little "R" next to their name) would like to convenience their sheep that this has anything to do with a war or a military campaign, the facts remain the same. The only crime committed on 9/11 was several counts of murder and attempted murder.

• Members

I agree. The people of New York deserve to hand this man his sentence.

To all those calling for a trial per military law, I ask: What nation's army was this man serving at the time of his crimes? What war was he fighting in?

As much as the fanatical right (don't get me wrong, I'm as conservative as the next guy, but I've come to conclude that the quickest way to tell if someone has sold their soul to the devil is to look and see if they have a little "R" next to their name) would like to convenience their sheep that this has anything to do with a war or a military campaign, the facts remain the same. The only crime committed on 9/11 was several counts of murder and attempted murder.

Yes, but I would love to see the military handle the sentencing with a firing squad or hanging...either would fit the crime...if guilty :wink

• Members

In an open court America will be made to look like Nazi Germany by the defense. This trial being in open court will not help the image of America the least bit.

Whether in a military trial or a criminal trial, this man is going to die. Therefore, in the end, the image of America will be the same either way.

Thank goodness our legal system doesn't care about public or national opinion. It's not about how we look, it's about preserving the integrity of the system. Ever heard the phrase, "it is better that a thousand guilty men go free than for one innocent man to be imprisoned"? Let this man put on his defense (though from my understanding, he fully admits to his crimes) per the laws of our great nation. America's image is never tarnished by being fair and just.