• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Haircut

• Members

He sound like he cut his hair for the wrong reason.

I think he did, after he cut his hair I heard him preach once, set and talked with him for about 15 to 20 minutes after the sermon. I thought he was on the right track.

But when I heard he dropped the name Baptist and grew his hair back out and was dressing like a motorcycle game member, I felt he had fooled everyone.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jason A,

I think you have wonderful motives, and definitely if the Lord is convicting you about doing something then you should do it. I am learning more and more about this everyday. Personally, I have changed my whole life because of this one conviction that the Lord has recently placed in my life. But all to the glory of Him, I am very much better off for doing it. In years to come you will appreciate the decision you have made more and more.

Lord Bless you,

• Members

It sounds like he did it out of necessity, but not out of conviction. I don't think the character of a man should be judged by the length of his hair.

The thing is, everyone thought it was conviction. Then they found out he did it out of necessity. Deceiving people about your conviction to do it out necessity is just wrong.

• Members

That's not the point. Is nature showing us that something is a "shame" or "disgraceful" make it a sin? After all, the point of that passage of Scripture was to show that a woman has her hair for a covering whereas a man doesn't need it and that rather, it's a disgrace for him. Yet, Samson bore that "disgrace" and with the blessing of God. Does God change? Does sin change?

• Members

It sounds like he did it out of necessity, but not out of conviction. I don't think the character of a man should be judged by the length of his hair.

Why not? If a man professing to be saved deliberately lets his hair grow long, then that shows his character - one of disOBedience to God's Word.

I don't think either one of us can really know or judge his motives.

Scripturally, motives don't matter when you are doing wrong - and I truly think God would have us do right, even when we don't feel like it. Simple OBedience is blessed. I don't think a Christian can stand before God and get away with doing wrong because he felt he didn't have the right motives to do something right.

• Members

Shame is associated with sin all through the Bible, from Genesis 3 on to Revelation.

Also, Samson/male Nazarites did not let all their hair grow long, but only seven locks of it.

• Members

Look up the word, trace it through the Bible. Is there a verse that says Christ bore our shame? (I can't remember one right now.) Even if there is, He bore our sin - therefore, there would be shame attached - not His, but the shame of the sin He bore.