• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Haircut

• Members

Great hair cut!:thumb:

What I find interesting is that men are much more expected to have short hair than women are expected to have long hair. I've also noticed, that even among IFBs and Baptists in general, the men have biblical short hair but a great many of the women don't have biblical long hair.

Along with this, I've noticed several IFB pastors (who have biblical short hair) have wives with short hair.

Why are not women, even IFB women, expected to abide by the Word of God in this area?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I once mentioned (in a particular church) that the Bible says that "if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her", and followed it up with saying that many women today prefer to have very little glory that they might have more convienence.

Now I didn't say what constitutes short, long, too short, too long, medium ---- I just said that some have less glory (according to 1 Cor 11:15), but you'd have thought they wanted to flay me. :puzzled3:

Of course, when I preach against coveteousness, gossip, and laziness -- many give the same hard stares.

• Members

Glad that people like the haircut! It was something I'd felt strongly about for quite some months and, as you say, there airtight Biblical support for it.

At first, it wasn't an easy step. I'd had longish hair for a very long time and I felt sad staring at my cold white ears in the mirror! But I am very glad to have done this, and there are no real or lasting regrets. People ain't recognized me last couple of days.

I think the people who voted it unimportant are those who maybe feel it's an outdated issue. But there's no real Biblication justification for that, really.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I think a little bit of length is good for some people. Not everyone looks good with very short cuts. I know I wouldn't because of my glasses. It doesn't have to be down to your shoulders but there's nothing wrong with a little bit hanging down over your ears or having bangs just above your eyes, etc. A lot of it depends on the person's facial features.

• Members

I think he looks great. No one should be ashamed of their facial features at all. in fact, they should have hairstyles that would help them show it off even more :)

Like if you are going bald, you don't want to do the combover to hide it. Some men decided to shave it to show off their baldness and they look great.

• Members

I know of a conservative Baptist pastor who had a long haired motorcycle type get saved, a few months later she surrendered to preach, several weeks later he cut his hair off short when he realized no church would invited him to preach. Yes, after he cut his hair off he got invited to many churches.

Pastor never said nothing to him about his hair.

They sponsored him in starting a church for motorcycle gang members. As soon as it got on its feet, need of no support, he let his hair grow back out, dropped the Baptist name, and he now looks much like a Hell's Angel standing behind the pulpit as do all the members of this congregation.

Personally, I think the pastor failed in his duties, as did this church for ordaining him and helping start a church. he used them.