• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Haircut

• Members

I have spoken to my church leader on this issue. He hasn't tried to foce it, or put undue pressure on me, but I've felt the conviction that I do need a short haircut.

Seems to me biblical. And also I'd like to go for it, as a symbolic thing. No longer a teenage rebel!

What do you think?
D1.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jason, that's great, glad you made that decsion. Short hair is also easier to keep and take care of.

I know that some use the argument that the only thing that courts is what is in the heart. The truth is if it don't show up on the outside of us people will not know what is in our hearts.

One person wrote something like this, its not what we wear, how we dress, how we behave our self {conduct}, or places we go, people will know us from the light that shines from within. Truth is, if that light is shining within us people will know we're walking with God by what we wear, how we dress, how we behave our self {conduct}, or places we go.

Some good people have two strikes against them before they ever say a word because of a poor personal appearance. They say you can't tell a book by its cover, and that's true. But many good books are never sold because of a poor cover. And many not so good books have sold because of a good cover.

• Members

Jason, that's great, glad you made that decsion. Short hair is also easier to keep and take care of.

I know that some use the argument that the only thing that courts is what is in the heart. The truth is if it don't show up on the outside of us people will not know what is in our hearts.

Again, true! It IS of course the inner person that counts, but hopefully people will now be able to see on the outside how I have changed my attitude. Wasn't an easy step, but glad I did it. Will always be short now.

Thanks for encouragement!

• Members

Again, true! It IS of course the inner person that counts, but hopefully people will now be able to see on the outside how I have changed my attitude. Wasn't an easy step, but glad I did it. Will always be short now.

Thanks for encouragement!

Jason, I understand that it was not an easy thing to do, that reminds me of this thought for all of us. Our walk with God will not always be easy, but He will be with us and bring us through whatever we have to face.

Hebrews "...I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

You reminded me of one more thing. When I went in the Air Force in early 1966 I will never forget the day we got out hair cut. It did not bother me to much for I was use to wearing my hair fairly short, but it bother some of them very much. I remember one Airman that had a big head of hair, as the barber cut his hair tears were running down his cheeks. The only thing that bothered me was we had to pay fifteen cents for the hair cut.

• Members

The Bible teaches that more than just the inside is important - otherwise, there wouldn't be passages dealing with externals, such as clothing, jewelry, hair lengths, tattoos, makeup, etc.

In regards to hair lengths, the Bible teaches that it is supposed to be long enough on a woman to be a covering - and short enough on a man to not be a covering. What does hair cover? Forehead and face, neck or shoulders, ears - does a man's hair cover those areas? Then it is too long. If a woman's hair is not long enough to cover those areas, then it is too short.