• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just Hanging Out (Literally.... LOL)

• Members

Without the picture this would be unbelievable::::::::

Pogo Moose Incident - Fairbanks , Alaska

"They were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with them. They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the prOBlem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground.. He was a huge bull with a 60 inch rack and was slightly peeved from the ordeal!" LOL

att1b.jpg

• Members

My husband says, "Bullwinkle the electician!" His by Grace

Without the picture this would be unbelievable::::::::

Pogo Moose Incident - Fairbanks , Alaska

"They were laying new power cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. He was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with them. They noticed excess tension in the lines and went searching for the prOBlem. He was still alive when they lowered him to the ground.. He was a huge bull with a 60 inch rack and was slightly peeved from the ordeal!" LOL

att1b.jpg

• Members

I watched a show (the most dangerous jOB or something like that) and saw how they replace the wires. It is usually attached the new wiring with the old, then they pull it. I am not sure they really let anything hanging down unless it is the beginning of the replacement. I still don't know know how that moose get caught without anyone seeing it

• Members

I watched a show (the most dangerous jOB or something like that) and saw how they replace the wires. It is usually attached the new wiring with the old, then they pull it. I am not sure they really let anything hanging down unless it is the beginning of the replacement. I still don't know know how that moose get caught without anyone seeing it

According to the story the linemen were miles away when that big ol' bull moose was thrashing, bashing, trashing and crashing around in the underbrush during his rutting. He must have caught his 60" rack in the wire cable which would have made him even madder and do more thrashing. Typically, the cables are not usually lying flat on the ground during the wire-stringing process, but rather suspended off the ground just a bit.

Then when they were pulling the cable with their heavy equipment they noticed undue tension on the cable. LOLOLOLOLOL I guess too there was a lot of cable tension. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The 60" rack tells us that he prOBably weighed about 1600 to 1800 pounds.

• Members

Actually when replacing a line, they pull the new on through 1st, using a rope, while having attached pulleys at each post, after replacing the old line with the new one, they them pull the old one out using the same pulleys they pulled the new ones thru. Them they remove the pulleys from each post unless they're replacing all of them.

At present time they're replacing all the old lines around here that's been up for many years with a newer and larger line, of course they call it a conductor, not a line.

Least that is the way they do them here. There is a lot of work involved in doing this.