• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Cop Killer" Gun used in Ft. Hood Shooting

• Members

I can certainly agree with that!

Also, who shoots a skunk with a shotgun! Skunks are best left alone. You bound to stink for a week by shooting one of them.

We have a lot of rabid skunks around here, and if you see one out moving around in the daylight chances are its rabid.

Back before I shut my chicken houses down I would go out skunk killing about every 4 to 6 months, they just love to get in a chicken house especially if it has baby chickens in it, if they get into the house its not unusual for one skunk to kill 100 or more in just a few minutes. They will take one bite out of it them get another one, they can quickly eat up your profit, Here on my 51 acres I've killed as many as 15 to 20 skunks in about 2 hours with my double barrel 12 gauge shotgun.

I might add, a house that is setting up off the ground and is under pinned, a skunk loves to dig under it and bed down, if you don't keep them killed off you will have a den of skunks under your house. That can be quite unpleasant.

• Members

We had a summer back 4 or 5 years ago that each and every night for about 3 weeks the skunks were spraying under the window that our air conditioner was in (prOBably in protest to the two dogs we had). What seemed to work very effectively was a have a heart trap, some old tuna fish and a high power pellet gun. The smells ceased when 3 skunks left the area.

• Members

and possum's -

Back in about 94, my son-in-law had the place across the road from me leased. Had just cut the hay on it, I went across to see how it looked one morning. As I got over there on my 4 wheeler looking across the hay meadow I saw 4 or 5 skunks roaming around. I came back home, got my shotgun and all the shells I had. Went back with 13 shells, killed 13 skunks, could have killed some more if I had more shotgun shells. That afternoon I went to town and got 2 boxes of shells. Late afternoon before dark I killed 5 more, them that night about 10 PM I killed 4 more. After that I did not see a skunks around here for nearly a year.

Possums are not near as bad as skunks in they don't seem to take on bite out of a baby chick, the grab another one. Skunks will put you out of the chicken business quickly. At times I think I live on skunk hill.

Dwayner, There is nothing like living in the country. I live about 5 to 6 miles west of Nashville on the east side of a hill, my house is about 500 foot or so off the highway.

Here a couple of picture of our house, the 1st one is looking toward the house from across the cattle guard entering out yard, the other one is looking towards the highway and another cattle guard at our driveway entrance.

0909270040.th.jpg

0909270025.th.jpg

• Members

-edited-
Possums are not near as bad as skunks in they don't seem to take on bite out of a baby chick, the grab another one. Skunks will put you out of the chicken business quickly. At times I think I live on skunk hill.

-edited-

0909270040.th.jpg

0909270025.th.jpg

My grandmother was in the egg business and possom's get in the hen house and eat tons of eggs.... As a kid it scared me to death to gather eggs. Open the roost door, reach in to gather eggs, and their is a big 'ole ugly possum sneering at you!

• Members

My grandmother was in the egg business and possom's get in the hen house and eat tons of eggs.... As a kid it scared me to death to gather eggs. Open the roost door, reach in to gather eggs, and their is a big 'ole ugly possum sneering at you!

What about a big old chicken snake? Grandma sent me to the hen house for some eggs when I was quite young and a big chicken snake was busy raiding the chicken house. I ran back to the house, grandmother got the hoe and killed the big snake and drug it outside. Them told me to get some eggs. I told her to get them her self, that was a big mistake for this young boy! :bleh: