• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Cop Killer" Gun used in Ft. Hood Shooting

• Members

Well... The propaganda continues and will get worse.

Gun is know as a "cop killer" in headline...

The media uses a sales blurb to relate how "awful" a gun is:
the benefits of the Five-seveN pistol note that it can "defeat the enemy in all close combat situations in urban areas, jungle conditions, night missions and any self defense action."

Now the gun is being blamed for the killings and NOT the man who purchased and used the gun. In fact, he is a "sympathetic" character now! So it's not his fault, it's the guns fault!

30 to 40 people were killed YESTERDAY and 30-40 people will be killed TODAY and 30-40 people will be killed TOMMORROW due to drunk drivers. What do you say we get all those KILLERS off the street. I'm referring to the CARS, not the drivers!

Here's the Article

• Members

It didn't kill the cop who was shot by it in a combat environ (possessed by the very person who should be "the only people allowed to possess a firearm" [military]), but don't confuse the media w/ the facts.

Yep... spot on!

• Members

Are the weapons themselves referred to as "cop killer" or the actual type of ammo?

According to the article it's the gun. Though they don't know what they are talking about as they frequently refer to "clips" instead of "magazines." They are just looking for any type of "horrible" label to help push their anti-gun agenda. Can you imagine having a hunting or self-defense gun that WASN'T designed to kill?

• Members

The prOBlem is fear of the unknown. Since some of the great migrations to the cities, we have a generation that 80% are not from the country and live in cities or their suburbs and they are not familiar with hunting and other outdoor sports or farming or making their own living off the land. They have not been exposed in a positive manner to firearms ownership, sport shooting at the range or even harvesting their own food in the hunt. That type of stuff scares them; then put on top of it the only thing they do hear about guns being the nightly local/national news about the gang shootings and husband on wife murder suicides, etc. and they have a huge fear factor that over rides their belief in constitutional rights to own and carry a gun.

While I understand why they may have fear; that doesn't mean they are right and I totally disagree with them.

But then again, if the shoe were on the other foot.........I don't care for the city, there's lots of things in them to be afraid of........lol

• Members

The Five-seveN has long been dubbed a "cop killer" because the ammo used will pierce body armor. There is no question thugs have and use them because of this. Of course the tag is a means of spreading FUD about guns, and well, there is no surprise there. I would be interested to know what size mags he used. I.e. how many reloads did he get through.

The Five-seveN is a mean gun. All the more reason to have one. I will be accepting them as Christmas presents. PM me for my address. ;-)

• Members

I went to the mfr's site...NICE looking semi!
http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=269&backPID=263&productID=66&pid_product=295&pidList=263&categorySelector=5&detail
FN Herstal Five-seveN tactical pistol.

Remember that was ABC News reporting on the gun. Also, there comments seem to follow the line by Mass. U.S. Rep Martin T. Meehan.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/02/19/legislators_voice_fear_on_new_armor_piercing_weapons/

...after internal Boston police documents confirmed that the powerful weapon was used in two recent shootings in the city, and that it may have fallen into the hands of Boston street gangs.

Now don't we all look like drug dealing gang bangers to gun banning legilators?
To see the actual FBI stats for '99 - '08 go to the site below.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2008/data/table_27.html

I can't determine the gun's release for sales date so it would be hard to hypothesize or attributte any police deaths to this gun. Cop Killer (?)... highly unlikely.

• Members

My neighbor shot his wife yesterday afternoon, while they were working in the yard, a sunk came along, he shot at it with his 20 gauge shotgun with birdshot, it ricochet and hit his wife in the leg and stomach. She is going to be OK, but she may never want to be around her husband again when he is shooting a gun.

My neighbors think they're very godly people, but they never show it, I suppose they think its private.

1st thing my wife said, "If they would treat Sunday like Sunday, at lest it would not have happened on Sunday."

Maybe they will declare it was the guns fault, they just don't make them like they use to, do they? Maybe guns were safer back in the day that a lot of men wore one on their hip and everyone kept on propped up by the front door and many people had more experience of having one in their hands and shooting it.

• Members

Maybe they will declare it was the guns fault, they just don't make them like they use to, do they? Maybe guns were safer back in the day that a lot of men wore one on their hip and everyone kept on propped up by the front door and many people had more experience of having one in their hands and shooting it.

I can certainly agree with that!

Also, who shoots a skunk with a shotgun! Skunks are best left alone. You bound to stink for a week by shooting one of them.

• Members

The Five-seveN has long been dubbed a "cop killer" because the ammo used will pierce body armor. There is no question thugs have and use them because of this. Of course the tag is a means of spreading FUD about guns, and well, there is no surprise there. I would be interested to know what size mags he used. I.e. how many reloads did he get through.

The Five-seveN is a mean gun. All the more reason to have one. I will be accepting them as Christmas presents. PM me for my address. ;-)

Well, at $1000 that would be nice present! And the media is saying he was just a lone crazy guy. No! A crazy guy would have gone out and found a junk little .22 or such! This guy went out and spent $1000 on a gun. No to mention the cost of ammo and mags.