• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Now, I don't think BO is the anti-Christ....

• Members

Hm, the Bible teaches that Christ will return to destroy the Antichrist and his kingdom and then begin to reign from Jerusalem. Seems Covenanter's Jesus lied if He destroyed the Antichrist in the first century!

• Members

The fact of Christ's kingdom starting immediately after the destruction of the Antichrist can be found in several places in Daniel (chapters 4, 7, 9, 11) and in Revelation 19-20. 1&2 Thessalonians both speak of Christ destroying the Antichrist at His coming. Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 all teach that it is the return of Christ that ends the Great Tribulation, the time of the worst persecution of believers this world will ever face. 2 Thessalonians 2:8 is a good place to start for those who care about what the Bible teaches.

• Members

What's your OBjection to the truth of this matter, the antichrist will be revealed after the rapture as the tribulations starts on this earth, a time period than not of the born again believes will have to endure?

With that said, with the post you made under this topic, Preterism, as weel as your post on this topic concerning the antichrist, I would not expect you to agree with these Bible truths.

2 Thess 2: 3

First a warning is given
"Let no man deceive you by any means."

Order of events,
1. Falling away,
2, Man of sin revealed.
3 Our meeting with the Lord.

"Let no man deceive you by any means."

• Members

I bet you guys don't know about this occluded verse regarding the fifth horseman!

"And I saw a fifth horse, :beatdeadhorse: he was dead and still being beaten. And on him was Preterism and behind was Amillennialism. And power was given to them to drive discussion board brethren to distraction with pointless ravings of old Catholic doctrines." Guessalonians 1:7

What about that one!?

Ben

• Members

I bet you guys don't know about this occluded verse regarding the fifth horseman!

"And I saw a fifth horse, he was dead and still being beaten. And on him was Preterism and behind was Amillennialism. And power was given to them to drive discussion board brethren to distraction with pointless ravings of old Catholic doctrines." Guessalonians 1:7

What about that one!?

Ben

That is sad, Ben. Do you stand with the mockers? No-one has answered my contention that Scripture written in AD 50 concerning the temple of God concerned the the temple of God then standing. Nor can anyone show me a Scripture where Jesus said, "Christ will return to destroy the Antichrist and his kingdom and then begin to reign from Jerusalem."

Rev 22:18

• Members

No, sir, I'm not a mocker, just someone who grows weary of hijacking. If I have been guilty of this (board bretren,) forgive me. Having said that, that is what's going on here.

Bro. Ian, you've made it clear here that you are a preterist and amillennialist. There are a few fundamental differences at work here:
1. The brethren here do not believe this theology, and see it as coming from an unreliable source namely, the Catholic church, (I'll post on that below.)
2. And, there are unreconcilable differences between which verse you take as literal and which you take as spiritualized.
3. We do not accept the false theory of an early authorship of the Revelation, i.e., 50 A.D. as opposed to the late 90's.

I don't see you constant birrage of preterist and amill. material as a genuine effort to edify the brethren, but as a opportunity of continue in futile arguementation.

Are there not Preterist and Amil. boards where you can hash this stuff out further. You've made your point. I too share some views that are not commonly viewed on this board. I've made them known, we've discussed them, and we've moved on. I do not look for opportunities to "hijack" conversations so I can climb up on my hOBby horse.

Below, is a post I made on another forum regarding the amill. stand. I humbly submit and it is my last word on it.

................begin post...................

As some of you may have noticed our friend and board member Ian, (covenanter,) has challenged us to consider the amillennial view of the one thousand year period spoken of in scripture.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Again, to refresh your memory, (and I hope this is accurate,) amillennialism is defined as follows:

Amillennialism is a theological view concerning the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ that is mentioned in Revelation 20:1

• Members

PreacherBen, Seems from time to time we get those that stand strongly against very plain Bible teachings that we who are called Baptist have held to from the beginning. They come in here trying to spread their teachings and gain converts to their false ways I suppose.

These kind will always come in among us, and God tells us what to do.

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Most of the time I will try more than the 2 or 3 times, I suppose I just hope beyond hope they will finally see the light. But with these people we would prOBably accomplish much more if we just went and banged our heads against a brick wall.

• Members
Nor can anyone show me a Scripture where Jesus said, "Christ will return to destroy the Antichrist and his kingdom and then begin to reign from Jerusalem."

I would attempt to learn with you, if you and I could agree on some things. We know others will have comments in an on line discussion. A new thread for this specifically may be appropriate. I don

• Members

When you explained ammellinism and the time table they believe in it sounded like a list for JW's!! His by Grace

No, sir, I'm not a mocker, just someone who grows weary of hijacking. If I have been guilty of this (board bretren,) forgive me. Having said that, that is what's going on here.

Bro. Ian, you've made it clear here that you are a preterist and amillennialist. There are a few fundamental differences at work here:
1. The brethren here do not believe this theology, and see it as coming from an unreliable source namely, the Catholic church, (I'll post on that below.)
2. And, there are unreconcilable differences between which verse you take as literal and which you take as spiritualized.
3. We do not accept the false theory of an early authorship of the Revelation, i.e., 50 A.D. as opposed to the late 90's.

I don't see you constant birrage of preterist and amill. material as a genuine effort to edify the brethren, but as a opportunity of continue in futile arguementation.

Are there not Preterist and Amil. boards where you can hash this stuff out further. You've made your point. I too share some views that are not commonly viewed on this board. I've made them known, we've discussed them, and we've moved on. I do not look for opportunities to "hijack" conversations so I can climb up on my hOBby horse.

Below, is a post I made on another forum regarding the amill. stand. I humbly submit and it is my last word on it.

................begin post...................

As some of you may have noticed our friend and board member Ian, (covenanter,) has challenged us to consider the amillennial view of the one thousand year period spoken of in scripture.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Again, to refresh your memory, (and I hope this is accurate,) amillennialism is defined as follows:

Amillennialism is a theological view concerning the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ that is mentioned in Revelation 20:1