• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Movie] Fireproof

• Members

The wife and I saw this movie this past Saturday night in our home. While the acting wasn't all A+ most of it was decent. The father was probably the most "unreal" in his acting skills, but it is my understanding that most of the actors were church volunteers (don't know how true or to what degree that is).

The story, action, drama, laughter and message easily kept our attention and I believe both main points were brought across very effectively. Salvation through Christ and a right marriage only through a right relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

I wasn't bothered that the wife didn't do a big verbal "please forgive me for the way I treated you" as I found the final scene to clearly imply that and somethings do not need to be spelled out to be effectively communicated.

No offensive language or immoral dress and any music that was questionable was used in the appropriate context (lost people's weight room, etc.).

Definitely worth watching together as a couple, in our opinion!

I assume that the "questionable" music (or as someone else described it, "heavy") is from the scene with Caleb and his friend, Michael (who is a Christian) exercising. (I'm not sure who the "lost people" are, unless you mean Caleb, but that's part of the plot.) The music was coming from Michael's personal CD player.
The song in question is "Otherside" by Third Day, an immensely popular Christian Southern Rock band (more Christian than rock). You may have heard some of their songs on the radio, such as "Tunnel." If not, you should look it up on Youtube. The lyrics are excellent.

Sherwood pictures seems to prefer to use Third Day's songs in their movies, as this band is not only from Georgia, but is very theologically solid and pays more attention to the message than the presentation.

I assume that the "questionable" music (or as someone else described it, "heavy") is from the scene with Caleb and his friend, Michael (who is a Christian) exercising. (I'm not sure who the "lost people" are, unless you mean Caleb, but that's part of the plot.) The music was coming from Michael's personal CD player.
The song in question is "Otherside" by Third Day, an immensely popular Christian Southern Rock band (more Christian than rock). You may have heard some of their songs on the radio, such as "Tunnel." If not, you should look it up on Youtube. The lyrics are excellent.

Sherwood pictures seems to prefer to use Third Day's songs in their movies, as this band is not only from Georgia, but is very theologically solid and pays more attention to the message than the presentation.

My wife and I watched this movie together sometime during last year and thought it was just fine. We're not professional critics so we missed all these glaring details mentioned above. I highly recommend the movie. One thing I noticed was a lack of cursing, beer guzzling, and scantily clad men and women during the movie. The music...I don't even recall music but, I suppose there was some, most movies do have it. I hear there will be a new movie out this year or next by the same folks...can't wait to purchase the DVD...still don't have Blueray...shhh. Edited by 1Tim115