• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I have never thought to defend Gods' Word, it isn't like the Word of God has a back up plan or something:0) just curious

I do, however, have some questions *regarding the Word, one that comes to mind is the tongues.. I read about them and cannot come to a reasonable conclusion that they were done away with with the Apostles, Scriptures plainly point out that tongues is for the Church, unless there is an Apostolic Church, which would take some convincing me, and that being, the Church still exists today, in an incomplete sense .. tongues is meant to convince the unbeliever, who is searching for evidence of God as Creator!

I believe it exists now, and call it gibberish, if you like, I believe the wonders of God are still evident in some people and how they portray (not defend) faith, oh, 'the faith. Amen.

Which brings up another question, about faith, it is not our faith that saves us but the faith of Christ, that said, our faith is from Abraham as the promise to Abraham that all nations of the world would be blessed, that is we have faith in God as Abraham, and we can put that in Christ, or ..not

Hopefully not not

• Members

There are many posts about tongues here.

In a way, I knew you would get to subject about tongues. I've seen similar behavior before.

Why do people want to be a "prophet" so bad? I guess the same reason people want to be famous or practice voodoo.

I even seen people who interpret the bible in a twisted way as if they want to be the first person to discover it (like predicting End times) .