This is the place to post about self sufficiency or just about anything having to do with lifestyle, like Gardening, Farming, Beekeeping, Canning, Husbandry, Hunting, Fishing, Crafts, Hobbies, Alternative Energy, Wood Working, Off Grid Living.
Brother Markle, Let me give some comments with regards to what you hold or believes:
You stated: However, in my belief system I hold that at regeneration (through faith in Christ) the individual's spiritually "dead" spirit is completely removed by the power of God's grace and is completely replaced with a new "spirit" that is created after God's own likeness "in righteousness and true holiness."
My comments: We both believe that man is corrupt, depraved, and spiritually dead until regenerated. However we differ in the belief since what you hold is similar to the Calvinists' idea, such as that the depraved and spiritually dead sinner cannot hear, repent, and believe. What makes you different from the Calvinist's is that you believe that the spiritually dead cannot repent yet he can believe.
If i will be asked, can the spiritually dead hear, repent, and believe? If by his own depraved self, he could not, (John 12:39) but under the conviction of the Spirit and the influence of God's word, the spiritually dead can hear, repent and believe. (Acts 16:30-31).
Here are some of my questions for you. I hope you can give time to answering these questions.
1) What reason do you have why a spiritually dead cannot repent yet he can believe?
2). When does the Holy Spirit convict men of sin? a) Before trusting in Jesus. b) After Trusting in Jesus c) After salvation.
3) You mentioned that at regeneration through faith in Christ Jesus, the individual's spiritually dead spirit is completely removed by the power of God's grace and is completely replaced with a new "spirit" that is created after God's own likeness "in righteousness and true holiness." My question is, are you referring to intellectual belief or trusting in Jesus as Savior?
4) According to the teaching of Jesus and Paul, which comes first, repentance or faith?
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
5) Do you have a verse to support that faith precedes repentance?
6) Since all men by nature love sin, when does the change of feelings occur from loving sin to being sorry of it? a) At the conviction of the Holy Spirit b) After he trusted in Christ as Savior c) After salvation.
7) Do you affirm that when the sinner trusted in Jesus, his heart has great love for sin and does not like deliverance from it?
I do believe that after a person is saved, the desire for sin continues but because of the Holy Spirit within that guides the believer, (Romans 8:9,14), there is a growing desire and love for God that would help him to overcome sin. However, while in this life no one is perfect. Christian maturity is when he is learning to obey God than sin, though it does not mean that he is perfect. God has provided confession of sins as a means for the believer to restore fellowship with God every time he falls.
I will deal with your other explanations next time. There is no problem with regards to Christian growth. The believer has dual nature and there is always a struggle.
Politifact is leftist propoganda. You might as well call it Pravda-fact.
The majority of deaths occured because liberal governors placed sick patients into nursing homes as happened to one in New Jersey that my cousin managers. Eighteen residents died because of that decision while 130 of the 135 residents there got sick as well as most of the nurses and staff.
Also, if you believe the numbers that came out of China, where the crematoriums could be seen burning via satellite, then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Just be careful not to get shot by a "protestor" while you're there.
So recently I've lost both my driving jobs; one because they canceled all the bus trips due to coronavirus and the other because I failed my yearly CDL physical due to my Type II diabetes. I have an interview this Friday for a really good job that came "out of the blue" totally surprising me. Without God the deck would be stacked against me in getting it but maybe ya'll can petition the Almighty on my behalf. Thanks.